Brewer Fanatic

2010-07-05 Giants (Sanchez) at Brewers (Bush), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-1]

Warm day out at the ballpark today. Random tidbits:

Escobar got some boos during his next at-bat after the error and getting picked off. The crowd decided it was more important to do the wave than to cheer during a tie game in the 6th inning where Sanchez had those two wild pitches. My personal favorite part of the game was watching Counsell warm up Bush after Lucroy made the last out in 5th inning.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/gjenkins05/Pics/100_1351.jpg

The error and gas can bullpen really took the life out of the stadium. Overall Bush pitched well. Sanchez had a terrible ball to strike ratio, but the Brewers could never make him pay for it. Yo was milling around in the dugout, as was Jody Gerut. Just one of those days where you gotta say get 'em tomorrow.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

What an ugly couple of days for Escobar.
Honestly, it makes me wonder if there isn't some off-field issue on his mind. I wouldn't object to his starting the all-star break early.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

From my position at the ballpark today, a couple things stuck out for me. The booing of Escobar, while nominally understandable given his day of brain farts, really bothered me. Way to raise him up, Milwaukee. And Braun's body language absolutely sucked today. Shoulders slumped, a defeatist look on his face - he really looks like a man that's sticking a fork in the season. I hope I'm wrong...

Well, some day at the ball park. The game was absolutely not worth the 3 hour ride down (and back again). But being there with family, having a successful tailgate without rain, tremendous seats in Section 218 (a Father's Day surprise from the wife), and, topping it off, getting a baseball for my daughter (one of Burrell's many fouls in his 12-pitch AB in the second) made it all worthwhile. I could say a whole lot about the team that has already been said, and probably worse, but as my father-in-law said at dinner after the game, "I'm not happy with the Brewers but this was still a great day."

We have a 20-pack in 217 (though we weren't at Monday's game) and have had our share of chances at foul balls (with one success). That press box area is a pretty sweet location, so I'm glad you at least had a good experience seat-wise.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived