Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2010/2011

bullox
  • Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These three-team trade rumors with Charlotte and Sacramento are almost too good to be true. From Chad Ford:

Deal: Bucks get Beno, Stephen Jackson 9 & 19. Bobcats get pick 7 & Maggette. Kings get 10 & John Salmons.

Unloading the Maggette AND Salmons contracts?! This is like Christmas.

EDIT: Ford corrected his report -- Bucks don't get the 9th pick, but do get the 19th.

Corrected deal:

Bucks get Beno, Stephen Jackson, Shaun Livingston & 19. Bobcats get

pick 7 & Maggette. Kings get 10 & John Salmons.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Just about flipped over my desk when I heard this. Captain Jack is my favorite player and with him and T-Plush we will be treated to a full year of awesome soundbites.

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/imported_assets/349143/jackson_front_flat-thumb-400x400-10244.jpg

Works for me. Skiles obviously doesn't like Maggette and Salmons was steaming garbage last year. Jackson is better at taking the ball to the rim than Maggette and Beno is a streaky shooter a la Salmons. The contracts are better on the Bucks' end as well. I got a little nervous and angry when I saw Tristan Thompson linked to the Bucks this morning, so hopefully he is long gone before they pick.

Pretty terrible deal. Don't really save any significant money until 13/14. Jackson is ok, but we move back 9 spots basically for nothing. We got average players for average players. Don't think getting Jackson is worth dropping 9 spots. The Bobcats killed everyone in this deal. Moving up 12 spots just for taking on Maggette. Kings move back 3 to take on Salmons. Bucks: C- Kings: F Bobcats: A
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

CBS is reporting this to be true....

I liked Salmons but he was horrid last year. I'm curious as to why we wanted Beno, I guess he's a solid backup PG for Jennings. If that means that we dont' have to see the likes of Dooling running around, I'm all for it.

Hard to complain too much, we dropped 9 spots in the draft but with this draft, that's not really a big deal. We shedded a bunch of payroll and bad contracts, plus got the best player in the trade with Stephen Jackson. Now we'll see what happens at #19....or if we stay there for that matter.

The analysis on CBS called the Bucks the winners for what it's worth. Be interesting to see if we can now somehow swing a trade with Houston and pickup Patterson or something.

Hard to complain too much, we dropped 9 spots in the draft but with this draft, that's not really a big deal. We shedded a bunch of payroll and bad contracts, plus got the best player in the trade with Stephen Jackson. Now we'll see what happens at #19....or if we stay there for that matter.

Given all the negative takes on this season's draft class, this appears to me (very casual fan) to be a huge win for the Bucks.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Pretty terrible deal. Don't really save any significant money until 13/14. Jackson is ok, but we move back 9 spots basically for nothing. We got average players for average players. Don't think getting Jackson is worth dropping 9 spots. The Bobcats killed everyone in this deal. Moving up 12 spots just for taking on Maggette. Kings move back 3 to take on Salmons. Bucks: C- Kings: F Bobcats: A
On the surface I can understand where you are coming from but I look at this another way. 1. The team last year was a sinking ship and there was no way we could go into next year with the two turds, Salmon and Maggette, on the same team. So to remove ourselves from Maggette's 9/year for 2 years and Salmons 8/year for 3 we had to do something like move back in the draft. 2. Moving back in this draft is not a mortal sin by any stretch. There is a good chance you get the same level of player at 19 that you would get at ten, or even 7 for that matter. 3. Jackson is an old guy on a big contract, but to remove Salmons and Maggette the money needed to match up and Jackson's contract did that. Udrih won't light the world on fire, but will provide back up to Jennings (if he is even on the team by the end of the night) and provided a salary filler. In the end this was a moldy cheese for moldy cheese trade. Hopefully the bucks can trim some of the mold and make something edible.

Seems like a solid deal to me.

Now if the Bucks would stop giving out long term contracts to mediocre players they might not find themselves in this situation so much.

Jennings

Jackson

Delfino / Ersan

Gooden

Bugut

That lineup is still far from championship calibur and they still need some more scoring. They need a way to get rid of Gooden

Once again, shuffling the deck chairs on the Titanic while moving down 9 spots. Awful deal, par for the course for the Bucks.

How is unloading the bad contracts an awful deal?

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Jackson and Maggete's deals are about a wash and according to ESPN Jackson isn't too pleased about the trade. Getting rid of Salmons deal might help but moving down 9 spots to do it seems like another continuation of Bucks roster roulette. Why even sign Salmons to the deal if it is an albatross a year later? Deck chairs on the Titanic seems about right. Year after year of aimlessly trading mediocre players around and getting nothing out of the draft.

Seriously, would anyone in the NBA want to be traded to Milwaukee? This is probably reason #1 as to why a 'blow it up to nothing and rebuild' likely wouldn't work. You'd have to hit on about 3 straight drafts (one of which with a Tim Duncan, Kevin Durant type guy) for that to happen.

I have a feeling that the Bucks aren't done dealing, but at the end of the night I hope that they end up with someone that can shoot the ball from the 2.

Seriously, would anyone in the NBA want to be traded to Milwaukee? This is probably reason #1 as to why a 'blow it up to nothing and rebuild' likely wouldn't work.
What? The first sentence explains why a rebuild would work. You don't need to make trades, you draft players and they don't have a choice but to come to Milwaukee.

The Bucks seem to always be looking to shed bad contacts, and for what? So they can sign another one? Most teams that try to clear cap room are looking to make a play for a big time player not that any would sign in Milwaukee. So what is the point of continually recycling these bad contracts? Then they don't want to trade up in the drafts to get a shot at guys who can play but hey projects like Yi and Alexander and Sanders are supposed to bring hope. I don't see any plan or point to this team anymore they may as well move it if they can't sign great players, can't trade for them, and don't want draft them.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
How is unloading the bad contracts an awful deal?

Because we unloaded bad contracts for more bad contracts?

How many "good" contracts did the Mavericks have?

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Archived