Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2010/2011

bullox
Not Bucks related but Shaq announced his retirement today. Guarentee lock for the hall.
Yep. There were three lock HOF on that team last year in Shaq, Garnett and Allen. I think Pierce probably has a shot as well. Kind of like the 80's teams- I think they had five at one point McHale, Bird, Walton, DJ and Parrish.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thats all fine and dandy, i'm focused on the draft. i would like to see them take marcus morris at 10. i think he is a safe player who can survive in skiles system. Biyombo is the guy that intrigues me but i know he is 2 or 3 years away from helping if he ever does.

• 2 weeks later...

I love KU basketball but I don't see much for Morris. He really isn't a 3 and too small for a 4. Other players of his size who succeeded were elite rebounders (Blair, Millsap), Morris hasn't shown that. I think he'll be a worse rebounding Drew Gooden with better BB IQ. That's not really what the Bucks need.

Love Burks, Like Biyombo (just so we get to see Bogut, Biyombo and Mbah a Moute play defense together), pretty sure the Bucks don't see things like I do so they'll probably pick someone else.

If they could get one of the big Euros, I would be happy. If they traded the pick in order to off load one of the bad contracts of last year, I would be happier. This draft is awful, from #1 down. Hard to get excited about it, I think Kanter could turn out ok...other than that, not great, or even good.

Burks, Biyombo, or bust imo. I like everything I've read about them. I'll probably buy into whoever they draft though. That's how it is every year after they really build these guys up.

LRMAM supposedly wants out (so does Ersan but he's under contract), so we'll have to see how that plays out. As noted earlier in the thread, Hammond seems to only have a vague understanding on the difference between a RFA and UFA. And an insider on realGM claims that if a RFA tells Hammond he wants out, he grants him that wish.

It would be hilarious if Hammond let the one draft pick he hit on (and I use that term very loosely) walk, imo.

I think Irving is far from a sure thing, and not someone I would be comfortable drafting #1, or building a franchise around. I think he's talented, he could probably contribute on a good team, but I don't think he helps Cleveland much. He is #1 by default, to me, it speaks more to the relative talent of others than his dominance. I like a few players in the draft, but IMO, it is a draft of guys who will be energy players and backups. I think Kanter is really the X Factor, he is the only one I see who may be more than he appears. He could flop too. I just don't see Irving as a franchise PG.

This team needs to take the safest pick possible at this point. Hopefully, someone who can put the ball in the basket- but unfortunately at #10, anyone you take will have warts. I'm just hoping that they don't waste another pick on a foreign guy with upside or someone who is an 'incredible athlete'. More specifically, if they take that Thompson from Texas, I'll be tempted to do an Elvis on my television set.

The last thing this team needs is a safe pick. You take safe picks that you know will contribute when you actually have players worth building around. The Bucks don't have that.
After wasting lottery picks on Haislip, Yi and Alexander, I disagree. Sanders did not look like a lottery pick last season either. Jennings would be the only exception to this- and the jury is still out on him. The last thing that I want to hear is that some foreign guy 'plays like (insert HOF here)', or some guy is athletic enough 'to jump out of the building', or 'he's only been playing basketball for four years'. There is no excuse to draft a guy in the lottery who doesn't have enough skill to even get off the bench.

Sanders did not look like a lottery pick last season either.

That's because he wasn't.

And I completely disagree. What's a bench guy going to get us (the safe pick) he's going to take us from 34 wins to 36. Big deal. Go for the home run until you find it.

And I completely disagree. What's a bench guy going to get us (the safe pick) he's going to take us from 34 wins to 36. Big deal. Go for the home run until you find it.

Agree completely. Safe won't win you a title, you need to hit, and hit big.

A quick look back:

2001: No first round pick. Traded it + Jason Collier for Joel Pryzbilla. Was #22 overall.

2002: #13 overall. Marcus Haislip. Bad pick. Only really 2 above average picks afterwards, went in the 20's, Tayshaun Prince and John Salmons

2003: #8 overall. TJ Ford. Fine with this pick. Next above average pick at #18, David West.

2004: #17 overall. One of those stupid trades, we got Kevin Willis and someone for Scott Williams and this pick in 2001. Then the pick went to DET then ATL. Ended up being Josh Smith (who Denver drafted)

2005: #1. Bogut, Ersan in the 2nd round. Great draft.

2006: No first rounder. Traded it and DMason for the failed experiment that was Jamaal Magloire. #15 overall.

2007: #6 Yi. Yeah, a bad pick, but it was the pingpong balls that failed them that year. 2nd worst record. Were in perfect line to land Durant. There really wasn't anyone outstanding picked after Yi. Corey Brewer, Joakim Noah, amongst others. Picked up Sessions in the 2nd round. A solid pick.

2008: #8 Alexander. Bad pick again. Should've picked Lopez. Picked up Luc Richard in the 2nd round. Could be argued he was the 2nd best player taken after Lopez.

2009: #10 Jennings. If the draft were reheld, he'd be picked 2nd or 3rd. Great pick.

2010: #15 Sanders. Hey Now. Might be a good pick. Too soon to tell.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Agree completely. Safe won't win you a title, you need to hit, and hit big.

A quick look back:

2001: No first round pick. Traded it + Jason Collier for Joel Pryzbilla. Was #22 overall.

2002: #13 overall. Marcus Haislip. Bad pick. Only really 2 above average picks afterwards, went in the 20's, Tayshaun Prince and John Salmons

2003: #8 overall. TJ Ford. Fine with this pick. Next above average pick at #18, David West.

2004: #17 overall. One of those stupid trades, we got Kevin Willis and someone for Scott Williams and this pick in 2001. Then the pick went to DET then ATL. Ended up being Josh Smith (who Denver drafted)

2005: #1. Bogut, Ersan in the 2nd round. Great draft.

2006: No first rounder. Traded it and DMason for the failed experiment that was Jamaal Magloire. #15 overall.

2007: #6 Yi. Yeah, a bad pick, but it was the pingpong balls that failed them that year. 2nd worst record. Were in perfect line to land Durant. There really wasn't anyone outstanding picked after Yi. Corey Brewer, Joakim Noah, amongst others. Picked up Sessions in the 2nd round. A solid pick.

2008: #8 Alexander. Bad pick again. Should've picked Lopez. Picked up Luc Richard in the 2nd round. Could be argued he was the 2nd best player taken after Lopez.

2009: #10 Jennings. If the draft were reheld, he'd be picked 2nd or 3rd. Great pick.

2010: #15 Sanders. Hey Now. Might be a good pick. Too soon to tell.

[/url]

The only picks of those that were considered 'safe' were Bogut and Ford. The rest were reaches. All except likely Jennings and perhaps Sanders turned out to be flops. Not a good percentage. Pryzbilla could have been serviceable, but Karl never gave him a chance. As for Sanders, he wasn't a lottery pick but was right on the cusp. Kind of disappointing to see a mid first rounder in the NBADL. I just don't want them drafting some guy because of his vertical or his wingspan. I also don't want to here about negotiations with some foreign team. This team needs a slasher/scorer in the worst way, and Burks seems to be the best of the bunch for that. Unfortunately I'm thinking that he'll be gone. I watched a lot of Pac10 late night hoops the past few years on FSN. Klay Thompson was pretty inconsistent in college, he'd look awesome in one game and disappear in another. There are other guys in the Pac 10 that I liked better (Malcolm Lee, Isaiah Thomas), as Imentioned above, but both may be 2nd round picks.

Rumors spreading about a deal with Wolves that includes Bogut and our tenth in which we would receive the 2nd, perhaps the 20th, and filler. My guess is the filler would look something like Martell Webster, Luke Ridnour and a 25 year old center named Pekovic that for some reason makes over 4 million.

Rumors spreading about a deal with Wolves that includes Bogut and our tenth in which we would receive the 2nd, perhaps the 20th, and filler. My guess is the filler would look something like Martell Webster, Luke Ridnour and a 25 year old center named Pekovic that for some reason makes over 4 million.
Blah, that seems like a foolish trade. The second pick would be either Williams or that Kanter. Pre-injury, Bogut looked like he was developing into a nice player. I'd rather keep him than take a chance on those two. The way this draft looks, I'd be trading picks as opposed to acquiring more.

Now is not the year to rebuild though. I don't know that trading your best player for the #2 pick in a year where the #2 just isn't all that good makes a whole lot of sense. Derrick Williams and Kanter both have major bust potential; Bogut at least has proven to be a serviceable if not borderline all star player in the last couple years. Now if for some reason Irving doesn't go #1 than it might make more sense. Then maybe you can ship Jennings for a guy that can actually shoot and finish around the rim.

If this trade goes down I may be officially done with the Bucks. I can understand rebuilding by trading Bogut, but not in this kind of deal. Williams and Kanter are both far from sure things, and if one of them is the best thing they're getting in the deal, then I hate the deal. I may be slightly biased, because I'm a big Bogut fan, but I want whats best for the Bucks. I don't think this is a good deal for them.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Agree with davego. If we're a few years back and Durant is there, that is a trade you do. There's a reason the T-Wolves might trade out of the #2 pick...it doesn't appear that there is a Durant/All-Star type player there. Trading Bogut for that would be the end of me being a Bucks fan.

Archived