Brewer Fanatic

Milwaukee Bucks 2010/2011

bullox
I couldn't watch or listen to the game tonight. Is it as ugly as the box score indicates? What's up with Salmons? Is he hurt?

Yes, it was awful. The whole team other than Delfino was terrible. Salmons missed the entire preseason.

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Salmons is a hog and I said the same thing last year. No one complained because his bad shots were still falling. That was like the ultimate buy high.

Gooden and Maggette are both low iq players like I thought, but at least Mags can score efficiently. Gooden hasn't been a net positive anywhere yet. Not one area. We're stuck with him for awhile.

Reffing wa disgraceful around the 2nd and 3rd quarters.

I understand Jennings wanting to get other people involved, but if they are going to constantly switch on a Pick and Roll and put a big on him on the perimeter, he needs to take the ball to the rim.

He did it once out of about 15 times tonight and got a layup.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

What a great game tonight (even that the Bucks lost)! I loved watching two teams battling it until the very end. I do not, however, like anything that Kevin Garnett does either on the court or off. He is a thuggish punk that, like Charlie Villanueva, I would love to punch in the face. He says that CV is a "cancer" to the league. I disagree, if anyone is bad for the league it is Garnett.
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

There's no way he said that about CV. I'd be willing to bet $500 that CV's account of what was said is accurate.
I 100% agree w/ ya trwi7! KG is not eloquent enough to put that statement together let alone say it on the court...
@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

not being a big NBA viewer at all, i'd only heard the KG bashing, but i completely understand why he gets the dirty-play rep now after watching the game tonight. just amazing that he'll even raise his arms up to say "see, i'm not touching him," but in doing so, purposely throws an elbow.

gotta give the Bucks a lot of credit. i finally started watching games here and there at the end of last season, and hope to see more this season. win or lose, there hasn't been one single game that i watched that wasn't exciting.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't like Corey Maggette. My bold prediction for the season is that he is traded before the deadline.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Garnett is one of the biggest punks in the league. He's always been somewhat overrated and over the years, that has gone to his head. The only reason that he has managed to hold onto the rep as the happy go lucky 'Kid' that the league/media has created is that he hasn't run afoul of the law yet. Some day he is going to pick on the wrong rookie, and I can hardly wait to see his scrawny rear get kicked around the court.

When I lived in Minny I heard several stories about Garnett. I think when he first started as a young kid, he probably wasn't the same type of person as he became after he got the huge contract. Obviously there were the stories about him decking guys at practice that made the news but I also heard some accounts of some of his off court behavior. Nothing unlawful or extremely morally wrong, but just things that show mostly that he lacks class.

Another loss tonight at home. What happened to those 2,000+ new season ticket equivalents they supposedly sold? The BC looks more empty than ever.

The signings this offseason are looking pretty bad so far. Hopefully that changes or it's going to be a looooong season and all the interest and attention the Bucks generated last year will disappear, possibly for good.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
So are people going to start getting back on the bandwagon? Big win in ATL tonight.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

The Bucks have played great the last 2 games, good to see them turn it around. I really like what I've seen from the 2nd unit of Boykins, Dooling, Maggette, Ersan and Brockman. They play really well together. It also looks like Gooden is starting to play better recently.

The Bucks have played great the last 2 games, good to see them turn it around. I really like what I've seen from the 2nd unit of Boykins, Dooling, Maggette, Ersan and Brockman. They play really well together. It also looks like Gooden is starting to play better recently.

2 subpar games from Bogut too. That bodes well for the future.

Gooden rebounded pretty well last night. He had a good 1st quarter v the Knicks but otherwise was a negative out there. A big part of people defending the signing pointed to finally having a competent backup C, and so far that just hasn't happened. LRMaM started at C over him the game Bogut was out due to a migraine.

Archived