Brewer Fanatic

Braun, Hart, Gallardo make All-Star Team; Hart in Home Run Derby [Latest: Hart now starting]

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Congrats to all three of them. They are all are deserving, Hart especially considering Diego started opening day and Hart basically had to play out of his mind for Macha to play him every day. Diego, Gerut, and Inglett all getting injured helped, also.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Ty Wiggington made the all-star team. I know the Orioles are bad, but really, Ty Wiggington? The same goes for John Buck. That's pretty special.

Edit: Just saw Omar Infante on the roster? Is that a typo or a joke?

John Buck was 2nd in votes at C for some reason so he got put in automatically, he does have an OPS higher than Mauer's(albiet SLG heavy which isn't as good) on the year so I don't think it is a huge stretch. Girardi picked Wigginton probably because he can play all over the field and they needed an Oriole. Meek probably got elected because they need a Pirate, he's had a great season and they needed pitchers more than hitters at that point.

One thing I thought of is that it is likely Heyward won't play since he is on the DL. It would be kind of cool if both Braun and Hart started. According to an article on MLB.com Heyward will be replaced by the top OF vote getter on the player ballot. That means it will either be Hart, Holliday, or Byrd.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

McCutchen probably was left off because they needed to take an Astro, and powerhouse dynamo Michael Bourn was too tempting to pass on.

McCutchen probably was left off because they needed to take an Astro, and powerhouse dynamo Michael Bourn was too tempting to pass on.
I'd read this morning that Corey might be left off because McCutchen and Marlon Byrd might be the "pity picks" for the Pirates and Cubs. Then Meek was selected for the Pirates and I thought, hey, still a chance. Then Marlon Byrd and "the speedy Michael Bourn" became their teams' respective pity picks, and I was saying aloud (to the TV and cats), "Robbed by the speedy Michael Bourn," when Corey was next announced.

The Brewers now have 16 all-star selections in the last five years. In the 22 years prior, they had a total of 28. In that sense, I like this era better.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I'd read this morning that Corey might be left off because McCutchen and Marlon Byrd might be the "pity picks" for the Pirates and Cubs.
Thankfully Hart was picked by the players, so it didn't come down to Manuel having to pick him. I'm guessing Bourn's former Phillies connections helped him, that and the fact the Astros are terrible. The only other guys who could have been "pity picks" were Pence and Lindstrom.

so does that mean Prince doesn't get to defend his HR Derby crown? or does he get invited to that even though he's not an all-star?

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Just like 2008 when Sheets went, I don't want Gallardo to pitch in the all star game. I want our guy pitching for us. Of course now he might be hurt.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I really didn't like the comments Hart made on jsonline today. He is coming off like a little child. Congrats to Braun and Yo.
I have no problem with the comments, he was mistreated and rather disrespected by the team. Why shouldn't he be proud he was able to battle through it, come back, and prove people wrong. I'd feel the same way, so congrats to Braun, Yo, AND Hart. He deserves it and has more than earned it.

Wow. Just... wow.

Poor Joey Votto. Hopefully the fans get that one right and vote him in.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

How is Delmon Young on the fan vote? Over Alex Rios? That makes no sense to me. Rios has an OPS 50 points higher, and has 22 steals compared to 3 for Young. Other than RBI's Rios is leading him in every stat. Rios is one of the biggest snubs no one is talking about. Votto is number 1 and Rios is number 2, but at least Votto got on the fan vote

Every year I bemoan the stupidity that is the All Star Game. The undeserving former stars in big markets getting voted in, the risk of injury to valuable players, Chris freakin' Berman, etc. This year takes the cake, however.

Omar Infante. Nuff said...

Archived