Brewer Fanatic

Reaction to Bonds at Miller Park

lyonsc71
I was just wondering what everyone in Milwaukee (and Wisconsin in general) thinks the reaction will be if Bonds ties or breaks the record at Miller Park. I think it's pretty unlikely that he'll break it there, but I could definitely see him tying it. I'm about 2000 miles away, in Phoenix though I was born and raised in NE Wisco, so I wanted to get the local's feelings.

He would be booed in every stadium except in San Fran. Although you could hear some cheering for him at Wrigley mixed in with the boo's during the radio broadcast when he hit 2.

But Hank Aaron's record means a little bit more to fans of Milwaukee and Atlanta, and his reception at those two cities would probably be the coldest he could get.

Gruber Lawffices

I just got home and Bonds just popped out to Weeks. Boos during his at bat and cheers for the pop-up. I think that while Milwaukee fans may have more of a personal axe to grind then most teams, I think he will get the same reception anywhere outside of San Francisco. I don't know how to properly say this next part; I wish that more players were like Hank, but I think his type of personality unfortunately is a relic of a bygone era.

It's funny that people boo him, though they buy the tickets and take their pictures of him.

Some people just need to make up their minds. If you hate the guy and want to boo him then stop taking pictures of him during every swing.

That sort of thing just annoys me, maybe this should go in the vent thread.

Archived