Brewer Fanatic

2010 Allen & Ginter's

Invader3K

Figured I'd start a thread on these, as they just came out. I had recently bought a few packs from the '09 set and really like them, so I figured I would get into the 2010 release.

I happened to stop by Waukesha Sportscards and bought a box. Pretty happy with this set. I like the designs, and some of the bizarre cards are way out there (Lords of Olympus, Sailors of the Seven Seas, etc). I also like the concept of the historical event cards, where each one has a player and his birth date, and the back of the card details a historical even that happened on that day.

Interesting note on the box I got...the top three packs all had relic cards. None of the rest did. So I guess if you are just buying packs, try to get the ones from the very top of the box? I got a Matt Kemp uni relic, Yunel Escobar bat relic, and a Chris Volstad auto. One minor nitpick on this set...some of the pictures seem like they're recycled from last year. Exact same pose of the same player, just shaded a bit differently. Kind of lame on Topps' part.

Also, if you buy a whole box, you get an oversized box loader card. Mine was of the Panama Canal.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I bought a few of these boxes yesterday too, and the relics/autograph inserts were scattered throughout the box, not just the top three packs. The best card I pulled was a Carlos Zambrano rip card; I had to rip it, and lo-and-behold, there was a Fielder short-print mini card in there. Pretty pleased with that. Interesting thing was, the rip card was in the very last pack that I opened. I'll probably end up buying some more boxes since I just love these set.

Archived