Brewer Fanatic

Diamondbacks fire manager A.J. Hinch & GM Josh Byrnes; Kirk Gibson named manager

Invader3K

Not surprised by this, they have had tons of young talents and went out and traded for talent and spent money on deadline trades and still have never done anything. They are a good team to compare the Brewers to if you want to spin a positive light on the Brewers.

Apparently, ownership told Byrnes to fire A.J. Hinch. When Byrnes refused, they simply fired them both.

I tend to agree with Buster Olney's opinion that Byrnes won't be out of work for very long. He can do some consulting work if he wants to, or he could just wait until the offseason when it looks like quite a few teams might be looking for new GMs. I'm just hoping he doesn't end up with the Cubs.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Apparently, ownership told Byrnes to fire A.J. Hinch. When Byrnes refused, they simply fired them both.

Interesting. I recall when Hinch was hired, DHonks had some interesting feedback on the move:

wow, AJ Hinch has been named manager? How many times can the Dbacks slight Chip Hale? Chip's had a great minor league managing career and been a big league coach. Hasn't Hinch been the farm director for the last few years? I did a little work for them in minor league camp a few years back, and Hinch was off to take "front office BP" with the other Frat Boys (walking around with unbuttoned golf shirts, funky colored shorts, and visors on) they have running the show, while Chip was putting in 12-15 hour days with the minor leaguers.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived