Brewer Fanatic

Hart to the Padres proposal

What will Hart conceivably get in arbitration, though? If the Padres believe that he's capable of replicating a high-.800s OPS, he could well be worth the money. Plus, he's a guy that uses the gaps well, & would rack up a ton of doubles in that stadium even if it'd eat some HRs. I know the FanGraphs dollar values are a bit controversial, but their estimate of his production already is $7.3M for this season so far.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

What will Hart conceivably get in arbitration, though? If the Padres believe that he's capable of replicating a high-.800s OPS, he could well be worth the money. Plus, he's a guy that uses the gaps well, & would rack up a ton of doubles in that stadium even if it'd eat some HRs. I know the FanGraphs dollar values are a bit controversial, but their estimate of his production already is $7.3M for this season so far.

Hart's defense would be a nightmare to watch in Petco.

Hart's defense would be a nightmare to watch in Petco.

Not for us it wouldn't.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

RF really isn't very big there, though. I think this is a move that would be worth exploring from the Brewers' p.o.v. Unfortunately, it seems like Melvin will continue to live by the absolutist statement that you can get more for bats in the offseason.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

RF really isn't very big there, though. I think this is a move that would be worth exploring from the Brewers' p.o.v. Unfortunately, it seems like Melvin will continue to live by the absolutist statement that you can get more for bats in the offseason.

If Carlos Gomez is Melvin's poster boy for this statement, I hope he's learned it doesn't always work that way.

Weren't there rumors previously about the Braves looking at Hart, but not being really interested? I could be thinking of someone else, though.

Hart to the Padres seems like it would make a lot of sense, but it doesn't seem like they'd be willing to part with a lot.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Weren't there rumors previously about the Braves looking at Hart, but not being really interested? I could be thinking of someone else, though.

Hart to the Padres seems like it would make a lot of sense, but it doesn't seem like they'd be willing to part with a lot.

They were rumored to be interested in Corey Hart along with Josh Willingham and Jose Bautista but I havent heard more about that in the last couple of days.

@WiscoSportsNut

Community Moderator
Well if Hart to the Padres is a real potential move than that may work out for us. What better teams to bid against each other than San Fran and San Diego in the same division.

“I'm a beast, I am, and a Badger what's more. We don't change. We hold on."  C.S. Lewis

Archived