Brewer Fanatic

Congratulations to the Crew

pebadger

Best full month of baseball for the team in over a year! And to think you anti-stats guys don't put a whole lot of stock in luck.

June 2010 14-13
May 2010 12-16
April 2010 9-14

October 2010 3- 1
Sept 2009 13-15
August 2009 13-14
July 2009 9-17
June 2009 12-15
May 2009 18-10

C'mon they played at a .750 clip last October :-)

They're better than they played earlier this year, but unfortunately they dug themselves into a pretty deep hole.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Best full month of baseball for the team in over a year! And to think you anti-stats guys don't put a whole lot of stock in luck.

June 2010 14-13

May 2010 12-16

April 2010 9-14

October 2010 3- 1

Sept 2009 13-15

August 2009 13-14

July 2009 9-17

June 2009 12-15

May 2009 18-10

Well that is certainly depressing.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Sad part is 73-90 over the past 163 games, and this season's winning percentage is at present the equivalent of . . . 73-89 over 162 games. The equivalence is only conicidental, but at somepoint you are what your record says you are.

yeah, I forgot to post in this thread this afternoon. I know several are being sarcastic and I have no problem with this, but you gotta start somewhere. So the Brewers stunk it up for the final games to finish the month at only 14-13. Maybe it'll be psychological and the players will pull their heads out their butts now that they have had a winning month. I'm not saying they'll play .650 ball the rest of the way but a winning month is at least a start.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Somehow a win yesterday would have made things look a lot better to me. 15-12 just looks more impressive, for whatever reason. They really needed to win that series against the Astros. This just isn't looking like any sort of playoff caliber team this season.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Sad part they were only 14-13

And the even sadder part is a 14-13 month after multiple losing months has our owner and GM saying they'll be buyers this year. I was talking with a friend yesterday who said he's started hearing rumors that Gamel is going to be traded.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

I was talking with a friend yesterday who said he's started hearing rumors that Gamel is going to be traded.

Well, I'm obviously not sure who your friend is or what connections he has, but I find that rather hard to believe. They've stuck with Gamel this long, I'd be somewhat disappointed if they dealt him now. Of course the return in such a trade could possibly change my opinion.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

June's record is mostly due to a good homestand. So take the last few games and you can be really positive: 7-3 last 10, 9-5 last 14. Looking any further back is depressing. This weekend could be really depressing.

My friend isn't "connected," it's just what he's heard rumored. My response was the similar to yours... it all depends on the return. If we trade him for three months of Cliff Lee, I'm really upset. If we trade him for a equal caliber, equal service time starting pitcher, I'm not so upset. If it's a completely unfounded rumor, than I'm certainly fine with keeping him in our system.

I know a lot of what Melvin says is "GM speak," but I really don't want us to be buyers at all this year. I just worry what parts of our future we are willing to give up for 1-2 more wins this year.

~Bill Walsh

Archived