Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-29 Astros (Myers) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-5]

I'm wondering how long Prince would've had to stay out there arguing the call before Ken Macha could be bothered to move. Prince came very close to getting ejected there with all the pointing at the ump and the glaring over his shoulder as he walked away. Macha needs to get out there before it gets to that.

Just got home. Yo didnt have his best tonight?

A little bit Yo not being sharp, a little bit nobody having a clue what the strike zone looks like tonight.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Why the heck was Bourn stealing there? I'd fine any player on my team for stealing in that situation.
Stay out of the double play? I would assume his odds of being safe are pretty good, considering he's the league leader and the Brewers probably weren't focusing on him too much. Just a guess.

Just got home. Yo didnt have his best tonight?
Oh, davego, you survived the weekend. Nice!

This game was more fun than the shortage of IGT comments would suggest - though I missed the first two home runs waiting for the club level deli to spend 15 minutes making a cold cut sandwich. (For those of you wondering if the pretzel roll is a worthwhile foundation for a sandwich, it is.)

I was right in place in time for my boy Lucroy's blast, though, which was terrific (if not as gasp inspiring as each of Prince's bullets). We can all credit bensheeps' son and his Midas touch for wishing Jonathan luck before the game.

The hawing party has grittily battled its way back to an 8-8 record, and the Brewers finally won a game when the nephew was along. Win win.

This game included a giveaway of Prince Fielder growth charts to the first 10,000 fans. We now are in possession of very possibly the largest growth chart in the history of growth charts. This thing is 39 1/2 inches wide and a bit more than 6 feet high. It's like a life-sized Prince with large-print height markings. It is magnificent and if I can fit the whole thing in my camera lens, I will post a photo sometime.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived