Brewer Fanatic

Andrew Miller

I wonder what it would take to get Andrew Miller away from the Marlins. He isn't really having a good year in AA this year but I believe that has more to do with his .347 BABIP. I am not sure what the Brewers would have to give up in order to get Miller but if it is not anything really important I would love to see the Brewers get Miller. I believe Miller still has the potential to be a great or a good pitcher like Parra has shown this year. I'm just not sure the Marlins will be willing to part with Miller just yet. Though I wonder if a package starting with Dykstra would be a good start for a trade for Miller?

More walks than K's, and a walk an inning for a 25 year-old in AA...he's quickly approaching former prospect status. If his velocity is still good, he may be worth a flyer, but his worth is minimal. He's on the 40, so he may have to be removed at some point.

More walks than K's, and a walk an inning for a 25 year-old in AA...he's quickly approaching former prospect status. If his velocity is still good, he may be worth a flyer, but his worth is minimal. He's on the 40, so he may have to be removed at some point.
Moving someone like Dykstra wouldn't really be a loss even if Miller flames out. Dykstra probably at best is a utility player and the Brewers have plenty of those types of players in their farm system. I believe Melvin has been quoted in the past that he believes left handed pitchers develop later in their career. Miller is still young yet and being in AA versus AAA is not something I am worried about the better hitters are usually in AA. He is definitely worth a flier but he maybe moved off the 40 man and if he is I would hope Melvin jumps all over him if the Marlins do that.

I wanted to see the Brewers add Miller for a while now. This would be the ideal time to jump in on a guy with the potential to be a frontline starter.

At 25 and pitching in AA with the pressure of being the key piece in the franchise changing Miggytrain trade, there's a lot of pressure on him.

I'd throw a guy like Dykstra+maybe a Riske in which we pick up the salary? Hard to say if they have any illusions of competing this year.

Otherwise maybe Narveson would interest them both for competing this year and in the future. While I like Narveson, I'm a HUGE Miller fan. A trade like this could make a career for a GM. Miller's that talented IMO.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Miller's definitely a good "buy low" target, particularly given how expensive he's getting under his rookie deal. The Marlin's might be looking to shed his salary. That said, there's a significant chance that Miller will never live up to his College/draft-day hype. A good comp could be the Hermida trade from this offseason.

We always hear about how the Brewers should have made THAT type of move.

They should have traded for Garza. They should have traded for Edwin Jackson. They should have traded for fill in the black-young pitcher who's value dropped, but had a good arm.

Well, here's your chance. I wouldn't trade any of our top 10-15 pitching prospects, even the Scarpetta, Peralta, Bucci, Howell, Brooks.

I think the best I might give is a Chuck Lofgren, maybe Anundsen, Merklinger....

Don't even want to trade Watten as I'm a big fan of his. I think he's got a nice career as a long man or even as a #5. He'll take a while, but I loved watching him last year as he's got a heavy FB and he is capable of being a GB machine.

Anyway, give the Fins something they may be able to use now. Hell, even Narveson for Miller. Miller could be a big time find if Rick Peterson could get him fixed. These are the types of fliars you have to take if you want to get a frontline starter. Gotta hope for a little luck in a trade for a reclamation project.

Incidentally, I wonder if the Tigers would have ANY interest in a Core Hart+Todd Coffey/Carlos Villanueva for Rick Porcello type trade?

Probably not, but I'd even be willing to consider a Hart+Axford for Porcello+Cody Satterwhite?

Hell, if we could grab Porcello and Andrew Miller in one fell swoop(two moves obviously), I'd gladly do it. Porcello you already know can be a legit big leaguer and Miller you know has the stuff to be one.

Throw in two young pitchers who can hit 95-98 into your upper levels and thinks start to look a bit better.

Not sure just how realistic/unrealistic the Hart-Porcello trade is. I know they need BP Help so Axford would be big for them, beyond that, no clue.

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Andrew Miller isn't on the same level as any of those guys you mentioned, none of them were bought low and none of them struggled the way Miller has.

At least make a plausible comparison.

There is a wide gulf between giving value to get value and buying low.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived