Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-26 Mariners (Fister) at Brewers (Wolf), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-4]

At some point we may want to consider using Capuano. Not that a one run game is that time, but since Capuano hasn't pitched in two full weeks it may be good for him to do so at some point.

ETA: With the way we're burning through the bullpen today, we'll probably see Capuano after all.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I'm going to be pretty peeved if they send someone like Braddock down to make room for Doug Davis, considering the fact Cappy is basically wasting a roster spot right now. I was wondering why Cappy wasn't the one warming up when Wolf ran into trouble early.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Seeing anyone but Sweeney right now has to be a boost for the Brewers morale. Lets grab a victory from the jaws of defeat, boys. Get someone on so Counsell can drive them in.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

The Bullpen again very impressive today. and Boo for today loss, now they just have to right the ship tomorrow.

we need to win this series and start another long winning streak and not move eback to the 10 games under 500 mark

I wouldn't mind Braddock going down since Macha is being an idiot and pretty much using him as a LOOGY right now.
That just means Macha would then further be an idiot and use Narveson or Parra as a LOOGY, which would be further frustrating.

Tough loss today, hopefully they can go out and get the series tomorrow. Two out of three isn't bad.

Did anyone catch what happened with the Riske to Coffey move? We were at the game and couldn't tell what was going on. We decided the ump thought Riske took too many warm up pitches or something and the ump tossed him? It was confusing from where we were sitting........anyone know what happened for sure?

Did anyone catch what happened with the Riske to Coffey move? We were at the game and couldn't tell what was going on. We decided the ump thought Riske took too many warm up pitches or something and the ump tossed him? It was confusing from where we were sitting........anyone know what happened for sure?
Brian and Bill sounded confused on the TV end, too, but I don't think Riske got tossed. My guess would be that Coffey was supposed to start that inning, and Riske went out to the mound not knowing or forgetting that he was getting taken out.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Brian and Bill sounded confused on the TV end, too, but I don't think Riske got tossed. My guess would be that Coffey was supposed to start that inning, and Riske went out to the mound not knowing or forgetting that he was getting taken out.
That was pretty much Cory Provus' take on the situation.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived