Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-18 Brewers (Parra) at Rockies (Hammel), 8:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 2-0]

McGehee is .161/.213/.304 in June and .191/.230/.319 in the past 28 days. Yikes. It may be time to start giving him regular rest.
Are you thinking it might be time to call Gamel back up?
Gamel's raking in Nashville, but he needs regular PT...I don't know how I'd feel about him getting called up to give McGehee 1 or 2 days off a week again. Counsell or Inglett would be able to do that just fine.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Absolutely giddy about Parra's performance. 68% of his pitches for strikes, 20 of 24 batters had first pitch strikes, 0 walks, 5 strikeouts and he shouldn't have given up any runs.

Absolutely giddy about Parra's performance. 68% of his pitches for strikes, 20 of 24 batters had first pitch strikes, 0 walks, 5 strikeouts and he shouldn't have given up any runs.
For some reason, he's getting the Sheets treatment from the offense. Really hope they continue to roll with him in the rotation. This organization hasn't shown to be very smart with the rotation however so I hope they don't screw it up.

Oh, and this defense pisses me off. Bunch of sieves.

LOL. Hanging curve on a tee on 0-2 and Weeks hits it 275. He's bad in nearly every facet.
No one else in this lineup has been able to hit Hammel's mistakes tonight, either.

That's not to say a day off for Rickie every now and then would be a bad idea. He's on pace to shatter his career high in games played, and he's looked tired at times. With that said, he's posting a .911 OPS the past two weeks, so I'm having a hard time feeling too negative about him.

Twitter

Brewers now 2-11 in their past 13 games in Colorado, going back to 2006. At least they managed to get the tying run to the plate, but it looked like Rickie was trying to tie it up himself.

Twitter

Some gifting of hits on defensive miscues hurt him badly. He's looked pretty good his 3 starts, he's really pitching on a nice downward plane keeping the ball low in the zone.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

That's not to say a day off for Rickie every now and then would be a bad idea. He's on pace to shatter his career high in games played, and he's looked tired at times. With that said, he's posting a .911 OPS the past two weeks, so I'm having a hard time feeling too negative about him.

That's what gets me. Why? He's been one of the worst defenders in the league, and his bat is average at best.

I hate how Macha plays favorites. Weeks is probably the 3rd best option for us at 2b yet he's out there every day.

What a bummer. I had shut the game off after the Weeks and McGehe errors, but had hoped the Brew Crew could stage a comeback. What is up with Jason Hammell not allowing a run in like 3 or 4 starts? He's lousy. danG!!! Anyway, great game Manny Parra. And go get em tomorrow, at least we don't have to face Ubaldo

For all the grief our bad pitching gets, further proof this horrendous defense hasn't helped things. Just pathetic fielding. Parra really deserved better.

Interesting interview with Macha after the game...I guess he's finally hit the pressure point. Wouldn't you know he finally gets tossed when the umps actually got it right. That kind of year.

What a bummer. I had shut the game off after the Weeks and McGehe errors,
I missed McGehee's. I turned it on right when the ball was bouncing away from him. It didn't look like he had to move much, did he? Because if he's starting to make errors on balls hit at him, he's completely useless on defense and he's been completely useless on offense for about a month. Ugh.

I did not see any of this game since I was a t a wedding. I was constantly checking my phone for the score. And it never changed from 2-0. I was pretty bummed. Especially when I seen how Parra pitched. 6 IP giving up 6 hits, 0 BB and 5 K's. Man he deserved better. That is 3 good outing in a row for Manny. Seems he has figured something out. I hope he keeps this up. I would guess that with Davis coming back Narveson will probably be the odd man out of the rotation.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Yeah, the silver lining is definitely that Parra seems to have stepped up as a starter lately. Go figure it happens when they leave him in the rotation on a consistent basis.

That said, this team seems to be incapable of going on a winning streak, which they desperately need if they want to even get back to .500. This "win one, lose one, win two, lose two, etc" routine will simply not get them back in a playoff picture, due to simple math.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

What a bummer. I had shut the game off after the Weeks and McGehe errors,
I missed McGehee's. I turned it on right when the ball was bouncing away from him. It didn't look like he had to move much, did he? Because if he's starting to make errors on balls hit at him, he's completely useless on defense and he's been completely useless on offense for about a month. Ugh.
I was listening to the game at that time, but Provus said if McGehee lets it go, it's a routine play for Escobar.

I'm getting sick of our team defense the last few years. If I was a pitcher on this team, I'd make every attempt to strike guys out because they won't be getting much help behind them.

I also want to add that I need to give Macha some credit despite the fact that I've ridiculed him for a while.. There has been numerous occasions where he hasn't stood up for his players, but that did that today.

How does the team respond? By falling flat on their face.... Good job team.

Archived