Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2006)

splitterpfj
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've got a similar story to that, Lifer.

A couple years ago, I was hiking at the Philmont Scout Ranch in New Mexico. While my crew was out on our trek, apparently a couple kids (15 years old) on a different trek got attacked by a bear while they were sleeping in their tent. It was minor, and they merely needed a couple stitches, but the offending bear was tracked down and killed.

But here's the kicker...

The reason the bear came into their tent was because one of the kids had a Snickers bar in his sleeping bag. Each night, everyone is supposed to take any food (plus anything that had come in contact with food) or anything with a strong odor and put it up in the bear bag.

So, all the bear wanted was a sweet-smelling treat, but because the kids were morons who didn't follow the rules and got hurt because of it, the bear got the death sentence.

Also, you wouldn't believe how stupid parents can be at a zoo. I'm pretty much a zoology/biology geek, and it annoys me to no end when I overhear parents telling their child something completely wrong. Saying something like, "Look at the porcupine!" when pointing to an echidna. I just want to slap them.

brewers19

I don't get why that bear has to be killed. It makes no sense. Any other bear would have done the same thing, so might as well kill them all.

I hated when they killed the bear that killed the Grizzly Man. The bear was acting exactly how any bear would. Normal food was scarse, so he ate the next best thing. I feel sorry for the guy (whose's name escapes me), but I don't understand killing bears because they are acting like bears.

I've got a few, and I'm going to give a little story behind each, so sorry in advance if it's a long post. I need to rant a bit more.

Wal-Mart parking lots, main aisles and check outs

I'm actually anti-Wal-Mart, and it has nothing to do with news stories about how their employees are treated. I don't like how crowded they always are. I almost get hit by like three cars anytime I'm in the parking lot. Then they have all the little stands full of merchandise in the middle of the main aisles, and people walk down the wrong side, causing traffic jams. Then the lines to check out are really long. Plus, the size of their stores are huge, so good luck finding anything. I've got more about Wal-Mart, but I'll stop here.

Shopping mall kiosks

I really don't like these kiosks, especially cell phone kiosks (and more specifically, T-Mobil). As you walk by, they always ask you questions. "Hey, can I ask you a question?" "You just did." At a T-Mobil kiosk in Madison, a worker yelled at a woman, "Hey, you, come here. Don't ignore me, get over here." Yeah, real good sales tactics. I think Mayfair in Milwaukee has 5 T-Mobil kiosks. Then there are the hair people. They ask my fiance if she wants her hair straightened. She has 15 inch straight hair. Do you think she wants it straightened?

People who drive around in parking lots looking for a close place to park, especially on a beautiful summer day.

I've come to a conclusion; If you park your car a little farther away and walk into the store/mall/where ever, you actually get in a little sooner than if you drive around waiting for a close spot to open up. I really don't like it when a car follows someone walking out of a mall until these people get to their car. Then they wait for them to get in the car and leave.

Maybe these are all good reasons why I absolutely hate shopping.

On the topic of long lines at WalMart, I hate when it takes longer to checkout out at a grocery store than it does to shop. Woodman's never has enough fricking cashiers on duty, no matter what time of day you're shopping.

Quote:
Shopping mall kiosks

I think you meant "shopping malls." http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I will never go to a shopping mall unless I absolutely have to. I do not need trendy clothes that teenagers pay way too much for, nor do I need any overpriced soap, video games, $300 sunglasses, or a new cell phone.

Quote:
I've come to a conclusion; If you park your car a little farther away and walk into the store/mall/where ever, you actually get in a little sooner than if you drive around waiting for a close spot to open up.

Yup. I take the first spot I see. I don't care if it's at the end of the row or not. I'm not so lazy that I have to waste gas driving around trying to find a better spot. Exercise is good for you.

On the note of parking lots at shopping malls, sometimes for kicks, if I notice somebody slowly following me with their car (i.e. wanting to take my spot when I leave) I'll just walk and walk and walk, past my car, just to see how far they're willing to follow me. It's good exercise and always good for a smile, especially when you get quite a ways from my car and proceed to "pretend" that I don't know where I parked. Funny stuff! Those morons in that car could've been in the mall already if they hadn't followed me.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

tracy, i have to take issue with you there. $1 coins seem a novelty to americans, and will never catch on here, and, even though they haven't some people refuse to let it go. case in point: i work in the service industry, and once every couple of months some geriatric decides not only to tip me with dollar coins, but to make a point to draw my attention to it (a couple of times actually trying to tell me about them, as if i weren't aware, this being like 3 yeaers after their insertion to the public economy), thus further magnifying the fact that they are tipping 9%. insult + injury.

The shortage of high definition TV channels and broadcasts.
How did you survive before HDTV? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
These are the two main issues involved:
  1. High definition monitors are so sharp that they begin to expose flaws in the picture in standard definition broadcasts.

2. Most users will stretch a 4:3 picture to fill the screen, meaning that Prince Fielder becomes wider than he already is.
Regarding item #1, here's another complaint:
  • Cable companies still broadcast the most popular channels in analog. At least satellite standard definition channels are digital, which noticeably improves the picture.

I'm bothered that the dollar coin (aka Sacagawea coin) never caught on here in the U.S. I hate dollar bills. About the only thing I like about Canada are their $1 and $2 coins.
I'd gladly replace a pocket full of quarters with some dollar coins, and I wouldn't miss the wad of singles that frequently occupies my wallet.

The coin hoarding thing began with the Kennedy half dollar. 50 cent pieces were routinely circulated before then. The recent dollar coins (Eisenhower, Susan B. Anthony, and Sacagawea) have barely been used at all.

I wonder what would have happened if the talk of Ronald Reagan being put on a coin or currency had actually materialized. That idea was effectively nixed by Nancy, who was against Ronnie replacing any president currently portrayed. That eliminates everything except the $10 bill, and you really can't wipe out Alexander Hamilton given his lead role in the design of our monetary and banking system.

More gripes:

• Message boards with nine page threads that show "1 2 3 ...9" under the title when I absolutely know I want to start reading on page 7 or 8.
  • The lone fly that's lived in my house for about a week and only shows up when I sit or lie down.
  • Asian beetles. They ought to be showing up soon.
  • Members of the media and advertising industry who duped the public into thinking that the 21st century and 3rd millennium began in the year 2000.
  • Cats on kitchen counters.
  • My friend's pet raccoon who jumps me from behind and chews on my head.
  • Having to scroll sideways to read a web page.
  • The lack of moderators on mlb.com message boards.
  • The fact that mlb.com team home pages are unusable for dialup visitors without major surgery on the user end.
  • Having to use user-end site-specific CSS (or God forbid, javascript, which I don't even know) to make sites with good content, but poor layout, usable and readable.
  • People at ballparks who can't wait for innings to end?or at least wait until a time between pitches?to get in and out of their seats. (One time a guy at County Stadium was standing in the aisle next to the front row. When someone yelled, "Down in front!" his response was, "Excuuuuussse me while I talk to my friends!")
  • Forgetting to override the motion sensor on my outside lights?which only leaves them on for one minute?when I want to take my dog around the yard at night. He doesn't understand that I can't sniff my way around like he can.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Semis and dump trucks that drive in the far left lane on highways, especially when there are no exits on the left side. They accelerate at the speed of a turtle and during the am and pm rushes, they slow down the whole left lane since it takes them so long to accelerate in stop and go traffic.

Potential employers not replying to you after a resume is sent out.

I must have sent out 25 resumes in the last month and a half. I got 3 interviews and 1 rejection letter. The other 21 I have heard nothing from. I even called them to make sure they got my resume 10 days after they were sent in, so I know they got em. Seriously, send me a form letter.

I'm gonna start keeping a list.

Quote:
Potential employers not replying to you after a resume is sent out.

I'm having the same problem. I applied to 16 different school districts. I got 3 rejection letters, one interview, but nothing from anyone else. What really made me mad though was the place I interviewed never got back to me with their decision. How inconsiderate. I'm also having that problem now. "Oh, you'll hear back from us in a week or so." Three weeks later and I'm still waiting!

Archived