Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2006)

splitterpfj
  • Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In Madison, it's called a drinking fountain. I hate that. BUBBLER!!

Not everywhere in Madison. When I started working at my library in the mid 1980s, I happened upon an old-ish handout showing our floorplan. Swear to God, it says "Bubbler", right where the bubbler was in our hallway. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

speaking of laptops, mine was supposed to arrive via fed ex at work today. Of course, it didn't show up. When I get home, there is a fed ex sticker on my door saying they tried delivering it at 11 am and will be back tomorrow. Hello? I requested it delivered at work so a computer isn't sitting in the AZ sun for 5 hours! So now I have to try to use my lunch hour to race home and hope to meet the fed ex guy. All because some doofus at the laptop company mixed up the shipping address and the billing address. ARGH!!!!!

The name "Chicago" always bugs me, too. Some people say Chicago with an "ah" sound (like the doctor says, "open wide and say 'ahhhhh'") i.e. Chicahhhhhgo. But others say it with a "ough" sound (as in "cough" or "naught") so it turns out Chicawwwwwgo.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Quote:
The original Bubbler shot water straight into the air, creating a bubbling texture as the water cascaded back into the original stream.

And this is why it's a drinking fountain nowdays. Has anyone seen an actual "bubbler" in the recent past? I have no idea how long they've been extinct.

Edit: And "water fountain?" That's the thing the homeless guy sits by on Library Mall, or the thing you throw spare change in.

Edit: And "water fountain?" That's the thing the homeless guy sits by on Library Mall, or the thing you throw spare change in.

no, that's just a fountain...a water fountain is for drinking...

you midwesterners are cray

What's bugging you?

hawing.

but seriously...

and big fingers that cause typoes...and people who don't ever proofread anything even though they are currently reading books with titles like:

A Guide to Composition pedagogies...you'd think "these" people would occasionally use spellcheck or have some pride

People who don't know what a bubbler is...

Seriously, people who drive in the left lane of the interstate. The family and I went on a road trip to visit family near St. Cloud, MN. There must be something in the water up there. Sven and Ole refused to drive in the right lane of the interstate and just use the left lane for passing.

There must be something in the water up there. Sven and Ole refused to drive in the right lane of the interstate and just use the left lane for passing.

Minnesota drivers are infamous for this. When I go up to visit my mom in northern MN, it's like doing the bob and weave getting up the interstate and state highways there.

All those "Inside Hollywood" or "Extra" type shows as well as a thing like "the Buzz" on Fox 6 that talk about the stars and their personal lives. Personally, I could care less that Tom Cruise uses Kleenex instead of Puffs. I really don't care what Paris Hilton is up to or anything like that. Why, as a country, are people so caught up in what the stars are doing?

Archived