Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2006)

splitterpfj
I completely understand that the general public has trouble differentiating when to say "less" and when to say "fewer". But it bugged the heck out of me when a well educated army general messed up those words in an interview a few days ago.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Couples who sit on the same side of the booth at restaurants.

I'm going to try this out the next time I'm out with the lady, just to mess with her. I don't remember seeing that before.

I don't like the English language in general. What is the reason for rules if there's always an exception. I just wish it was more formalized to make grammar and spelling easier.

The poster previously known as Robin19, now @RFCoder

EA Sports...It's in the game...until we arbitrarily decide to shut off the server.

I usually see it in younger couples. It's fine that you're both in love, or that you want to be close to each other, but you're eating for crying out loud. And in a public place, no less. I'm all for affection or whatever, but I guess I like a little personal space when I eat.

Earlier this year, when I turned 40, one of my college student employees told me not to worry, that 40 is the new 20. The funny thing is, she had just turned 20. I thought about asking what 20 is (the new infancy?).

That didn't bug me so much as entertain me, though.

Today we had a group of 50 high school students in our library. These groups tend to bring multiple adults but not really enough to keep everyone under control. What bugs me is there's always someone in every HS group who goes into our stacks and turns off the lights. Doesn't matter what school. It's like a teenage instinct, to wreak havoc by turning off lights (not any other kind of havoc).

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

The trading of Davis bugs me still, in general. And I don't know what to do for an avatar now. Do I look like a loser if I return to the Sharpie head? Nothing else feels right. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

That song is annoying, and I don't know why, maybe because I hear it 20 times on any given Sunday. All I want to do is watch a little NFL and all I hear is that.. that... song...

Let me see what the score of the Colts game is *click* "This is Our country..."

Ok, back to the Chargers game *click* "Our Country.."

ARGH!!!!!!

Well, lets just say I love this thread.

What I hate is relative strangers telling you about how depressed they are. Call me a jerk but it really sucks having someone put that responsibility on you.

In the past 6 months I have had 3 people i barely know get into hour long conversations with me about how depressed they are. 2 of them about how they are thinking about suicide and the other about how she tried it.

The most recent situation was today at school a girl that I have had a class or two with and would chat with occasionally abit began telling me about how she hasn't liked life at all in the past 8 years. It turned into a 2 hour discussion. When I was trying to get her to go to the counselor she wouldn't and said not to worry she wouldn't kill herself because she is to afraid of the physical pain.

I'm kind of a big jerk so I don't know why strangers feel compfortable telling me about their depression. But more importantly I don't know how to appropriatly handle that situation.

Sorry to bring the mood down.

Tenants who don't pay their rent and think that their lame excuse is a good one.

Older kids who try to tell my young children that there is no Santa Claus. I'll bet there is a special place in hell for such kids.

People who don't like Christmas, for whatever reason.

Zune

The fact that I see coupons for 24 packs of Pepsi products, but I can't get Pepsi One in a 24-pack.

Quote:
But more importantly I don't know how to appropriatly handle that situation.

www.wingofmadness.com/art...omeone.htm

some of these are pretty simplistic or obvious, but hopefully this helps.

on to what is bugging me: professors who procrastinate as much as their students and cram several projects into the last two weeks of the semester

Poor journalism. Take the current headline from the JSOnline.

www.jsonline.com/watch/?w...6&id=15529

It makes it look like a policeman smelled the leak 10 hours before the explosion, only when you get all the way down to bottom paragraph, it turns out that it was Deisel Engine exhaust... Having grown up on a farm where we had both, deisel and propane don't smell anything alike.

This is just sensationalism, and I fell for it. Ticks me off.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived