Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2006)

splitterpfj

You mean like the student section at most every Badger event that has an organized student section?

For me this goes back 25 years, when a certain school in the Big Eight Conference did it and no one else did. Now everyone does it. I don't even bother going to high school games anymore...you can't see around them.

My folks drove all the way down to catch the Wisconsin-Purdue football game and the same thing. The students were standing, so they had to stand to see around them. Drove all the way down there for that. Had a simialr situation in 97 at Northwestern...two girls (only) were ready to stand, but those of us behind put an end to that.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Radio stations that play Christmas music 24/7, starting in early November.

That one song, Lips of an Angel. It sucks.

The fact that I actually have to care about and listen to what's on FM radio, since my CD player was stolen out of my car (and living in Milwaukee, is guaranteed to get stolen again if I get a new one).

Sorry but I had to bump up this thread.

OK, I work with a "huge" Brewers fan. Problem is he also is a huge Cubbie and Red Sox fan and won't shut up about how they are so much better franchises because they always sign at least one high ticket free agent.

Grrrrr.....It is getting out of control now. When I bring up the Estrada/Davis trade, all he can talk about is that it isn't Soriano.

Is it possible to forcably remove fan status from someone.

I just wanna shake him, like a nanny shakes a baby.

The fact that I haven't worked out in 2 months and 20 lbs of off everything when I remaxed this morning to get my program going again. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif It's so easy to be lazy.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

What's up with all the Christmas stuff going on clearance already and it just turned December? I did get some great deals on Christmas decorations at Menards this weekend, but clearing out Christmas stuff already?

Will the summer stuff be out by the time Christmas is here?

Why do they always change my radio station to Christmas music in NOVEMBER?

I like Christmas music, but there are 80 million Christmas songs to choose from. Do they have to play the same 20 over and over? Good thing I have 60+ Christmas CDs to listen to.

It bugs me that in the last week I have received 3 or 4 mail order catalogs labeled "Last Chance" (for the holidays).

They arrived in November. I think I still have time to order.

The thing that bugged me the most is that they actually made me feel pressed for time for a moment.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I was in a Walgreen's the other day, they had a sale going on this Christmas themed Merry-Go-Round, the thing played LOUD Christmas music as it turned around.

In the minute or two I waited in line, that thing was bugging me, you should have seen the look on the clerk's face....I can only imagine how many times she'd heard those tunes while she stood there.

Disclaimer: This is not any kind of political statement...

What's bugging me is the billboards that tell me how an embryo is a human, and that it's heart is beating 18 days from conception. Now this is not me ranting about how people are telling me what to think. We get that every day, and I have more or less become immune to it.

The problem I have is that it's a blatant lie. The embryo does not have a heartbeat at 18 days, it isn't any bigger than the nail on your pinky finger at 18 days. It does not have a single organ, much less a heart. The brain and spinal cord (essential to a heartbeat) are not even developed at this point.

We have just recently learned all of this in my neuroscience class, and have had it affirmed by my trip to Body World's this weekend. So yes, blatant lying on billboards is what is bugging me right now.

Quote:
The problem I have is that it's a blatant lie. The embryo does not have a heartbeat at 18 days, it isn't any bigger than the nail on your pinky finger at 18 days. It does not have a single organ, much less a heart. The brain and spinal cord (essential to a heartbeat) are not even developed at this point.

The Bible says life begins at conception, so thats where that viewpoint comes from.

Advocacy groups lose all credibility when they go too far and make untrue claims. What happened to the one based on common sense that you started with?

You can just say "it's wrong - think about it, especially if you're a member of a faith that says it's wrong".

Kinda like protesting animal cruelty and lying about what certain companies do to animals. All you really need to say is that animals feel pain and it's disgusting to abuse them for minimal human gain. There, I bought your argument and you didn't lose all credibility in my eyes.

Because I've seen that stuff on message boards, I can't even bring myself to type those "words" into my cell phone. "u" and "2" would be handy, but I just can't do it.

"Prolly" just sounds silly to me no matter how you slice it.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived