Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2006)

splitterpfj

If pollsters were asking you who you are voting for that is very innappropriate.

So, pollsters can't ... you know ... take a poll?

I didn't get any phone calls (no land line), but I did somehow make my way onto the NRA e-mail list.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
Quote:
The free agent market.

Amen. Seeing mediocre players get contracts closer to A-Rod than the league minimun (not that A-Rod should get what he gets).

Mini-whine: the new cable grid interface on TW's digital "service" in SE WI. It sucks big time!http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/mad.gif

I wish I knew what was bugging me today. I met my wife for lunch and was a SOB the whole time. I dont know why. Now I feel guilty about it. I really wish I could go back to sleep and wake up on the other side of the bed and start the day all over.

The holiday season.

Everyone's going somewhere and in such a ridiculous hurry to get somewhere else. Thank goodness for e-shopping.

If it wasn't for my daughter and her enthusiasm for Christmas, I'd abhor the entire holiday scene.

Just call me Grinch.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Switching careers.....Ive been a tool and die maker for 10 years and quite frankly hate it....But I cant get into something else that would be more interesting that would come remotedly close to the pay I get now...http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

The phrase "Turkey Day." What's wrong with saying Thanksgiving?

Plus there is a sub (perhaps sub-sub-sub) set of the U.S. population who eats something other than turkey today. I'm not in that subset, but I know people who are.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Trying to figure out how to make everyone happy during the holidays. Driving from A to B because you don't want to make A angry but you made B angry last year beacause you spent all the time at A's house, but A will be hurt this year if you spend the holidays with B... I can't wait till I am married with my own house and family, because then I can stay home.

Having an entire week off for Thanksgiving break and not being able to get a gosh-darn Nintendo Wii and not even having a friend who has one that I can go "visit".

Gloating Democrats..

Because 1994 and the 12 years that followed was a time of unbelievable humility.

I didn't get any phone calls (no land line), but I did somehow make my way onto the NRA e-mail list.

I somehow got on the Minutemen's mailing list. They send me crazy stuff. "The to send them back to Mexico is now. Will you make freedom count?" I don't know how I got on the list, as I'm a grad student who works in education and used to work for a center that helped the children of Mexican immigrants.

I can't wait till I am married with my own house and family, because then I can stay home.

Yeah, sorry, NMF, but splitter's right. Unless your future wife's family (or yours) is extraordinarily flexible, the balancing act just gets harder. Though technically, you could just opt to stay home and offend everyone equally. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif Or do the hosting every holiday, which can be a lot of work.

Spinning off this...

It bugs me that we spend half of our Thanksgivings and every Christmas on the road. On the S.O.'s side of the family, we are the only ones who don't live in The Hometown, so it's always easier to make us drive than to make everyone else drive to Madison. Not that we could fit them all in our house anyway, but since becoming homeowners in 1993 we have spent exactly one Christmas Eve in our own house (that was due to illness). I'd like to have a Christmas not involve hundreds of miles put on the car in a 30-36 hour period.

My side of the family is more willing to take turns hosting, so we occasionally get to stay home for a Thanksgiving. But with my brother and sister both having young families now, it's harder for them to travel, and always perceived as "easier" for the non-parents. So it's still usually the car for us.

Also (bear with me, guys, I'm on a roll)...

The other reason our house is the last considered for holiday gatherings on my side of the family is because we have two cats and my brother is allergic to cats. I can understand that. Yet on the S.O. side of the family, no one ever vetoes the house with the three chain smokers on a physical comfort basis. I am literally still coughing today after spending five hours there yesterday.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

On the whole holiday balancing act, I put 500 miles on my car 3-4 years in a row at Christmas time trying to make everyone happy. I stopped that and told everyone they were welcome at our house, and that I was willing to travel too, just not to multiple places. I don't see EVERYONE every year, but so what, I'm not fully exhausted by December 30 anymore.

Gift giving got to be the same way. I love it, I enjoy the season, etc, but it got too big. I flat out had to cut some things back and I thought for sure I'd offend people when I did it....but no one said a word and things went along fine. I seem to have actually reeled in the holidays to something that's enjoyable again.

I think the thought of "have to" wrecks the holidays for a lot of people, which is a real shame.

Quote:
Though technically, you could just opt to stay home and offend everyone equally.

That's what we are going to do. We already balance our holidays with my family and hers. Last year, Christmas was exclusively at her parent's house, and "Christmas" with my parents was on New Years. This year, split both holidays (my parents are deciding to go to my sister's in Eau Claire).

On the way home from my parents last night, we talked about when we have a house and kids, we, as a family, are going to start our own traditions. Parents are always welcome, but we don't want to haul our kids all over the state around the holidays. I don't care if we offend everyone, because we're not playing favorites.

When people feel the need to stand during sporting events. I don't mean just when an exciting play happens, but when they stand for the entire contest.

I kind of disagree about that one. There's something about having the entire crowd on its feet that brings out an incredible energy and exciting atmosphere, kind of like the Cardinals-Mets Game 7.

Archived