Brewer Fanatic

What's bugging you? (2006)

splitterpfj

All of these voicemails from politicians

The election call that bugged (or maybe just puzzled) me most was at 7:55 PM on election night 2004. This was a recording from the Rev. Jesse Jackson reminding me that my polling place closed at 8:00 PM.

How effective could that be? sending out the call that late? "D'oh! I somehow disregarded the umpteen other phone messages I got today and have just now remembered there's an election! I'm going to run full blast to my polling place right now. Thanks, Reverend!"

At the time I lived about a five minute dash from my polling place (but I had already voted). If I get a call that late on Tuesday I'll be out of luck.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wait just a cotton-pickin' second. You mean to tell me I wasn't PERSONALLY called by Mark Green, Tommy Thompson, John McCain, and Bill Clinton yesterday? And here I thought I was special.

I'll add one: Car advertisements featuring John Mellencamp.

Mark Green, Tommy Thompson, John McCain, and Bill Clinton

Really? You're hearing from both sides of the ledger (so to speak)? In contrast, my household's voting habits must be pretty well pegged by these outfits, as we only get calls from one side.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Quote:
In contrast, my household's voting habits must be pretty well pegged by these outfits, as we only get calls from one side.

as do we...both being teachers. if people only realized that all teachers arent liberal!

Yeah, I'm a lucky one who hears it from both sides.

On a related note, instead of hanging up on the last two pollsters that called me wondering who I was voting for, I decided to have some fun. I told them both that I considered my ballot to be "secret", so I wasn't going to share it. Stone cold silence. The one said, "Ummm....okay. Thanks!" I felt a little bad for the person just doing their job, but overall, the satisfaction I felt more than made up for it.

p.s. Can I get a second on the John Mellencamp thing?

If pollsters were asking you who you are voting for that is very innappropriate. I went door to door for Fair Wisconsin this weekend and they made certain that we never asked how anyone was voting, just that hey this is our cause. Do you have any questions about the ramifications of a yes vote, and the ramifications of a no vote. I kind of am shocked that people were/are asking you how you are voting. Boo to them.

Brian, that's what I do. I use character names from movies or I make them up off the top of my head. Sometimes, I get silence; sometimes they ask who that is and I say, "It's a write-in candidate". They usually thank me for their time and hang up pretty quick.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Websites with white text on a black background.
Red text on a black background is worse. I don't get why people do that.

You can fix this on your end with CSS, but the quick solution is kind of like dropping a nuclear bomb on some sites. The more complete solution is too much work for sites where you're just 'driving by'. I think I'll see if I can come up with something that falls somewhere in the middle.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

I use character names from movies or I make them up off the top of my head.
The guy in my avatar (Bill the Cat) ran for president twice in the 80s. I think he'd be a good answer.

How about being fair and non-partisan and say happy winners and sad losers? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p.s. Can I get a second on the John Mellencamp thing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll give that a huge second. Those commercials downright piss me off. And the song sucks too. I wish I had an ounce of guitar ability so I could write a song full of cliches about America and become rich.

Man, I thought I was the only person who HATES that @#%$ Commercial, and the song, and Mellencamp.

It's good to know I'm not alone!

I wish I had an ounce of guitar ability so I could write a song full of cliches about America and become rich.

If you listen to his songs from back when he was still "Cougar" in the 80s, you'll discover than an ounce was about all the guitar ability he had as well.

Archived