Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-16 Brewers (Narveson) at Angels (Pineiro), 6:05 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

For those of you watching and listening to the TV broadcast...

There's no way that turning a brat 4 times rather than 2 makes it safer to eat.

I would just get one of those convenience store warmers that keep rolling the sausage. That's got to make it actually reverse the cancer.

Pineiro was pitching, he seems to own us. At least did last year in St. Louis.
Is there any STL pitcher - current, former, or both - who hasn't spelled trouble for the Brewers?

This game's a relative bummer, but like others here I wasn't feeling good about the series as a whole.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

chadomac]For those of you watching and listening to the TV broadcast...

I was instantly curious myself and found a number of articles via google to corroborate the claim. If it makes a difference, he was likely referring to steaks and burgers more than a brat. Maybe the casing on a brat makes it a different story than the others, I don't know.

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

For those of you watching and listening to the TV broadcast...

I don't know how I missed that, as normally my ears ring whenever I hear the word bratwurst...I don't buy it. I think it's the kraut that makes it safer, as well as the spicy brown mustard and diced raw onions.

The only way to make a bratwurst less healthy is to do the unmentionable, and put ketchup on a wurst.

Well, tough loss tonight but you've gotta be pleased with a series victory on the road at Anaheim.

Another bad start for Narv-Dog and I fear he will lose his spot to DD.

Go get em in Colorado, we're ducking Ubaldo this time so I like our chances

I blame the loss tonight on the guy who said this before the game even started "The Crew has absolutely no chance to get this one, forgetaboutit." the name of this site is brewerfan.net. With fans like that it is tough to win

At least when Joel Pineiro starts you know the loss will be done with in less than 3 hours. Yeesh.

Go get them in Colorado, even though I'm probably going to spend the off day having nightmares of what this pitching staff will do in Coors Field.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I blame the loss tonight on the guy who said this before the game even started "The Crew has absolutely no chance to get this one, forgetaboutit." the name of this site is brewerfan.net. With fans like that it is tough to win
That was a joke. Reverse mojo, if you will.

Back from the game...not much to get excited about today. Team SoCal (and our epic fail) got to see first hand what the folks have been enduring at Miller Park all summer...a subpar start, bad fielding and a lack of plate discipline. Oh well, such is the 2010 Brewers...we still love 'em, warts and all. I figured it would be rough...Pineiro seems to own the Crew. Still a good series win and it's always great to take in a ballgame.

Nice trip down the old American League memory lane going down to Anaheim. Always a family friendly place to see a game. Plenty of kids there today with the earlier start.

A couple fans were giving Casey a hard time. One guy yelled "way to injure a guy half your size McGehee" when he was in the on deck circle. Casey turned right around and glared into the stands at the guy and shook his head. Of course a few other guys started really going after him since they got a rise out of him. Casey seemed genuinely bothered by the abuse and I'm sure about what happened to Aybar. The Angels TV guys really threw gas on the fire of this whole thing which probably incited a few in the crowd. They have been way over the top the last couple nights. I guess it's similar to an opposing fan listening to Rock get all riled up when someone goes after a Brewer whether they were at fault or not.

That's it for this year's SoCal tour, sorry we couldn't get a sweep for ya'...hang in there Brewers fans!

Maybe it does. Makes it more likely to be cooked completely. Of course flipping meat less drops less of the precious juices on the coals. I don't worry about juices with cased meats though. I just worry about flareups and puncturing the casing. I may flip brats several times depending on the temp of the grill.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

That was a joke. Reverse mojo, if you will.
Thank you, it worked the first two http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif, but unfortunately the sweep is oh so elusive for this team.

wow, Weeks has to be the worst 2nd baseman in baseball history.

Parra has given up two earned runs, but neither was deserved. Terrible throw be Escobar, Weeks trying to field the ball with his eyes closed. Glad I'm going out to eat now

Edit: oops, this was meant for friday. my mistake!

Archived