Brewer Fanatic

FSNWI HD on Direct TV not working?

jwill535

Have the last few games been in HD? They show on that there is a game on it but when you turn it on, there is only the DTV symbol. Is anyone else having this problem?

**As I type this, there is an informertial on ESPNnews and TMC on the FX channel.**

I had an email last week from DirecTV that an update to my receiver caused it not to work for a time, but the problem had been fixed. This apparently happened in the middle of the day and no one was home watching TV, so we never noticed. Maybe something happened to your receiver during a recent update and it needs to be checked out.

There was a guide problem in the download overnight a week or more ago but that wouldn't affect a single channel. Basically, a reboot of the receivers was needed but the catch was it had to be rebooted 2x and many people stopped after one and the whole system didn't connect to the satellite so no channels worked. It only affected certain HD receivers as my SD DVR worked fine that morning which caused me to reboot the 3 HD DVR's a second time since I knew I was getting the signal on the SD DVR. Everything worked fine at that point. Later DirecTV sent out a signal rebooting everyone's receiver in the afternoon so that they would work again. I have read somewhere between 8 and 10% of certain HD boxes still had problems after that but it was complete loss of signal or connection not a single channel. Some rumors that it was the software upgrade to enable the 3D channel for ESPN but I received that update at least a week before the snafu. It seems that DirecTV was placing blame on some downloaded guide data from the Tribune Co. who generates all that stuff.

Archived