Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-15 Brewers (Bush) at Angels (Santana), 9:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-1]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been waiting all season for the Brewers to show me something special. This was nice to comfortably beat a playoff-caliber team for the second night in a row despite being on the road. I am happy to see Prince getting hot and hitting an HR with a runner on base. It's great to see the starters pick it up, and it's nice to see the bullpen getting more rest lately.

But let's finish the job tomorrow. Get it done boys !!

No time for complacency.

Diego over Go Go? Why Ken? Why?
This just made me realize that like our old "Counsellino" platoon at 3rd, we could call the CF platoon "Go Diego Go!"
That's an outstanding observation, dlk9s. I miss our creative platoon names, like Counselnino and Grapler, so let's absolutely add to the lexicon.
Typically those nicknames are saved for players we like though. I am not a fan of Edmonds and am only lukewarm on Gomez.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I think we should start a petition to make the Brewers the 5th team in the AL West at this rate.

Talk about two of the most unexpected performances this year. Two great nights of offense, two great starts from Randy Wolf and Dave Bush, and two nights of the bullpen actually keeping the blowout intact. Hopefully Narveson has another good start tomorrow...the Texas outing was certainly encouraging.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Im not watching the game (waiting for a flight in the Cleveland Airport) and it was probably correct to hold Edmonds on 3rd there, but I have been very disappointed in Brad Fischer at 3rd. I think he is too conservative with 0 outs even on hits when the OF was conceding the run.
Just to put your mind at ease, Edmonds would have been out by 30 feet if he had been sent. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

To further ease your mind, he actually was sent and ended up stopping about a quarter of the way to the plate, because he was looking back and saw he had no chance to make it.

Maybe 'to further ease your mind' should be in blue...

Remember what Yoda said:

"Cubs lead to Cardinals. Cardinals lead to dislike. Dislike leads to hate. Hate leads to constipation."

So I only caught the end of the game on the radio but how did Bush look? I see he only had one K. How were they hitting him?
Bush didn't have great stuff, but the Angels weren't very patient and couldn't square up on him. Lots of ground balls to keep Escobar and Counsell busy, and no real scoring threats until he finally gave up a run in the 8th. It wasn't a dominating start by any means, but it was definitely low-stress.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived