Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-15 Brewers (Bush) at Angels (Santana), 9:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-1]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know how we scored any runs that inning. Those were some of the worst at bats I've seen all year. If we swung at strikes we should have scored 10 that inning. At least Hart was able to hit a hanger.

Hey Dave, pitching with a big lead is okay. No need to feel like you have to even things up.

SoCal, Catcher's interference should not count against a hitter as even though it is an error, it does not count as an official at-bat.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Im not watching the game (waiting for a flight in the Cleveland Airport) and it was probably correct to hold Edmonds on 3rd there, but I have been very disappointed in Brad Fischer at 3rd. I think he is too conservative with 0 outs even on hits when the OF was conceding the run.

Yeah they are pretty rare, the brewers as a team have only had 1 other since 2006. That may be Braun's only career CI.

I seem to remember Counsell getting a bunch of catcher's interference during his first stint with the Crew?

Im not watching the game (waiting for a flight in the Cleveland Airport) and it was probably correct to hold Edmonds on 3rd there, but I have been very disappointed in Brad Fischer at 3rd. I think he is too conservative with 0 outs even on hits when the OF was conceding the run.
Just to put your mind at ease, Edmonds would have been out by 30 feet if he had been sent. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

Very good, Counsell has an amazing 12 career CI including 6 in 2004 alone with the crew. His old weird swing must have distracted the catcher or something. I checked and Hank Aaron had 0, I wonder if Craig is the all-time leader?

Diego over Go Go? Why Ken? Why?
This just made me realize that like our old "Counsellino" platoon at 3rd, we could call the CF platoon "Go Diego Go!"
That's an outstanding observation, dlk9s. I miss our creative platoon names, like Counselnino and Grapler, so let's absolutely add to the lexicon.

As for catcher's interference, I'd never heard of it until Craig's multiple instances in 2004. By then, it seemed like every time we went to a weekday game and got a Baseball Bingo card, my card would ALWAYS have CI on it.

OMG Bush is out of the 6th! Please keep up the good work.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

wow...I've never seen Counsell looked so pissed before. He wasn't happy that Fielder went after it, then failed to get back to the bag. Counsell probably had no idea who he was leading to the bag on that throw

wow...I've never seen Counsell looked so pissed before. He wasn't happy that Fielder went after it, then failed to get back to the bag. Counsell probably had no idea who he was leading to the bag on that throw
Bush was there in plenty of time, so Counsell should only be mad at himself for airmailing it.

Archived