Brewer Fanatic

Anyone going to the last CWS at Rosenblatt?

CWSOmaha
I wanted to see if anyone was going to Omaha since it is the last season at Rosenblatt Stadium. This will my my 11th consecutive year going to Omaha. Kind of hoping AL makes it so I can talk to Jimmy Nelson. Let me know if you're going and when. I will be there the 21st-24th.
*This may not be the correct place to post this so if it isn't please move it.

If you have ESPNU and you get the chance watch "A Long Home Run, Omaha and the College World Series". It's only been on ESPNU a few times but I did a search on Direct TV and it's going to be on some more before the CWS.

It is really great... talks about the game's history in Omaha, they talk to former players and Ryan McGee from ESPN who wrote the book "Road to Omaha", also people from the NCAA and CWS Inc. If you like college baseball or are a huge fan like myself you would really enjoy this hour long special.

As much as I will dearly miss "The Blatt" TD Ameritrade Park looks pretty cool. To me it is like going from County Stadium to Miller Park.

TB24-

I believe booklets are not for sale anymore, besides they are general admission and you won't always get seat. They changed the rules with getting single game tickets this year so it will be tougher. You have to wait in line for a wristband and then another line for tickets. I guess on TV out there people are ripping the hell out of this new situation. I have tickets to both games on Monday and both on Tuesday. wEdnesday we will try to by them. Try to find Omaha people to buy tickets from, they are very nice and in most cases will sell them for face value or little above. Brokers are a pain, rude, and act like they are doing you a favor. They sell the ticket for face and sell the paperclip with it for $100...morons!!

I won't be at the CWS, but I hope to be at Rosenblatt in mid-July when Team USA take on Team Japan. Unfortunately my current day job doesn't allow for me to travel to Omaha for this event, probably at the top of my bucket list (if I were making one http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif).

CWSOmaha, is Rosenblatt getting demolished once the new stadium is ready for baseball? Where's a good part of town to stay in Omaha if I'm flying in just to catch this game?

My wife's originally from Omaha, and I've become pretty familiar with the town - If you're just flying in for one game, I'd recommend staying somewhere near the Old Market area near downtown Omaha. It's close to both the airport and Rosenblatt, and you have quite a few decent dining options. The Hilton Garden Inn in Old Market is a decent hotel for the money.

I believe once the new stadium is completed, Rosenblatt is to be demolished and the land will be used for additional parking and an Arctic exhibit for Omaha's Zoo (if you've never been and have time to kill, check it out - it's world class, although summer weather in Omaha makes you want to sit by the air conditioner during the day). I think there may be some sort of memorial constructed remembering the stadium there, too. I'm pretty sure the Omaha Royals may be getting a new smaller stadium constructed for their own use also.

Archived