Brewer Fanatic

If we're still out of it in July...

rcon14

...what moves would you like to see be made?

Personally, I've been supporting the Fielder and Hart to Rays for some of their kids (namely Jennings and Hellickson).

But what other moves or changes in management, roles, or the lineup would you like to see?

Personally, I'd like to see the Fielder+Hart for Jennings, Hellickson, and another pitching prospect deal go down.

Don Money promoted to manage the big league team.

Lorenzo Cain brought up to play RF.

Amaury Rivas brought up to be in the rotation.

Lineup:
1 CF Jennings
2 RF Cain
3 LF Braun
4 3B McGehee
5 2B Weeks
6 1B Gamel
7 C Lucroy
8 P Picher Slot
9 SS Escobar

Rotation:
1 Gallardo
2 Hellickson
3 Wolf
4 Rivas
5 Narveson/Capuano/Parra/a minor leaguer

Bullpen:
CP Axford
SU Villanueva/Braddock
MR Loe, Coffey, Smith, Kintzler, Mike Jones, Bennett
LR Loser of the 5th spot

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should make a lot of moves with veterans on this team that have no future here.

And I would trade Prince if the right deal comes along, otherwise wait till the offseason.

Hart should be a sell high candidate with his power surge.

I have said it before but I would trade anyone on the team EXCEPT the following: Braun, Gallardo, Weeks, Escobar, McGehee, Lucroy, Gomez, Axford, Braddock and Parra. Anybody else I would deal. And I hope they do deal a bunch of the vets.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

A legitimate first base prospect would be needed too. I dont consider Gamel a first base prospect.

I agree. But he's a stopgap for the moment.

There's the possibility that we could work a deal with the Dodgers to acquire Mitchell who's a good 1B prospect. They're aren't a whole lot of them on contending teams that we could acquire.

Maybe this...after the season

Brewers get:

1B Russ Mitchell

PTBNL (probably a MR arm)

Dodgers get:

3B Mat Gamel

SP Randy Wolf

I don't know, but we'd need another 1B.

I think Gamel should play 1b and I think he'd be solid there. Should be an easy transition.

I've read this before but have nothing to back it up, but doesn't Cain have a bad arm thus making him not a good RF? I think he needs to play CF or LF.

I think Gamel should play 1b and I think he'd be solid there. Should be an easy transition.

I've read this before but have nothing to back it up, but doesn't Cain have a bad arm thus making him not a good RF? I think he needs to play CF or LF.

I thought Cain was a legitimate 5-tool guy, but I could be wrong.

I think we need to get past evaluating whether a player can hit enough for a position and put the best players we have on the field and arrange them in a way that makes our defense the best it can be. I don't think either Gamel or McGehee will hit enough to be much more than average at 1B but they will likely both be on the team at some point and one will probably have to play 1B. Just because they can't hit like an average 1B will not make us a bad team.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

1. Attempt to trade Prince, Hart, and Weeks for some pitching prospects.

2. Call up Lorenzo Cain and Amaury Rivas.

3. Play Lucroy everyday.

4. Fire Macha.

I'm OK with the Brewers trading Hart and Fielder I am not OK with them trading Weeks. There is absolutely no one in the minors who will be ready as a 2B and Lawrie is not a 2B Gennett is probably the best 2B in the minors and he is in low single A. So I don't really want to see Weeks moved plus he should be rather inexpensive to extend. I don't want to see Lucroy playing everyday catcher is not a position you want someone to be playing everyday even Mauer gets regular days off. Play 3 games and then sit for 1 or 2 games is fine by me as long as Lucroy is playing at least 2 games a week I am fine with that. Really Lucroy should be catching Narveson, Parra, and Bush while Kottaras should be catching Wolf and Gallardo.

Firing Macha will do absolutely nothing the Brewers should just ride it out with Macha and then decide on that at the end of the year. I really don't want to see Cain up any earlier than August I would like to keep his service time down. Rivas I would be fine with coming up though I'm not sure there will be any room for him until at least September.

The Brewers are going to have to make some decisions here soon in regards to Coffey, Hawkins, and Davis. Who is going down when those three return?

Firing Macha will do absolutely nothing the Brewers should just ride it out with Macha and then decide on that at the end of the year.

Those are Yovani's pitch counts from May 1st. If the Brewers can do one thing in firing Macha, and it's decreasing Gallardo's pitch counts, I want them to do it. If Randolph would just continue to do the same, then imo there's no point in making a change.

This is the absolutely most important guy to the future of this club, and Macha is pitching him like the team is in a pennant race (average of just over 113 pitches/start from this sample). It makes my blood boil.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Not only that, but if we are out of it and make some trades and call up guys like Cain or Gamel, I don't want Macha handling those guys. He's terrible with young players. Would it shock anyone if Gamel is called up at some point and Counsell gets the majority of the starts? This is still the same manager that gave Hall nearly as many starts at 3B as Gamel last year.

If Macha isn't the future manager in Melvin's eyes, then there's no point in keeping him. Especially if Melvin and the rest want to get a look at young guys for the future. Macha isn't going to play them. So fire him and go with Randolph or Sveum. It's not like we're in a situation where their strategies (or lack thereof) are going to matter all that much. If they're willing to play the young guys and watch our young pitchers' pitch counts, I'd go with them.

I also am kind of intrigued by playing Hart at first. Gamel has more upside at third defensively than Casey, but those errors could make it difficult to ever flash the range. Gamel in RF though seemingly wouldn't have to do much to be neutral defensively.

I would be OK with trading Weeks as well as Hart and Fielder (assuming decent returns can be had, especially for Prince). I just am not sold that Weeks will ever be the special player some were predicting, and he has been pretty inconsistent so far this year, both on offense and defense. He is also a free agent after next season, so some sort of decision will have to be made.

A 2B isn't really that hard to find. Look at what Felipe Lopez signed for this off-season. We might still have Counsell around next year (assuming he is willing to come back for a similar price), and he could fill in part time as well.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Some thoughts I agree with - and my 2 cents added:

Fire Macha - no matter what changes are made, he is not the guy you want pushing the buttons

Trade at least one major player for pitching (at this point it is not worth discussing who.....because it needs to be done)

Teach Yo how to not throw 20 pitches per inning - keep pitch count down. Agree with TLB that it is a major problem

Decide on a rotation.....this switching guys to the pen, then starting them, Cappy, Parra........are we messing with them?

Clean up the pen - Let young guys like AX man, Braddock, Loe do their thing. They have been good.

Decide what to do with Gamel - and somehow motivate him to take care of his body along with the medical staff - You cannot spend as much time as this guy spends hurt and be a dependable option in the majors

Archived