Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-13 Rangers (Lewis) at Brewers (Gallardo), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 7-2]

Ken Macha really needs to stop intentionally walking the bases loaded with two outs, especially when the hitter being walked is hitting .200. If you want to be careful with the guy knowing the pitcher is up next, fine. Just don't give away the AB. It's beyond frustrating at this point.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Ken Macha really needs to stop intentionally walking the bases loaded with two outs, especially when the hitter being walked is hitting .200. If you want to be careful with the guy knowing the pitcher is up next, fine. Just don't give away the AB. It's beyond frustrating at this point.
Well said, I would rather pitch to the 8th batter and hope he gets himself out. Especially if the 8th batter is has a low BA.

That hit by Lewis no looms even larger with Prince hitting that bomb. Could be tied at 2-2. Damn.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Will Vlad be a first ballot HOFer? His numbers are pretty impressive.

Career: .322 BA, .385 OBP, .568 SLG, .954 OPS, 1372 RBI, 421 HR, 2327 Hits

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Will Vlad be a first ballot HOFer? His numbers are pretty impressive.

Career: .322 BA, .385 OBP, .568 SLG, .954 OPS, 1372 RBI, 421 HR, 2327 Hits

I think so, especially if he stays healthy and plays a few more years and gets 500 HR. He was a great defender early in his career as well so I think he gets in.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

People are more interested in doing the wave than seeing Chris Smith work his way out of this jam. Seeing the results, I don't blame them.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

I love the fact that the park has been so full for an interleague series, but I just wish it wasn't full of idiots doing the wave in the 8th inning when your team is losing. It makes it seem like Brewers fans don't care about what's going on down on the field.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I love the fact that the park has been so full for an interleague series, but I just wish it wasn't full of idiots doing the wave in the 8th inning when your team is losing. It makes it seem like Brewers fans don't care about what's going on down on the field.
I think the question "Do they?" is more than fair for many.

Not every fan who stayed that long was an idiot doing the wave. If anyone ever asks me why I don't join in the wave at a baseball game, I'll be tempted to punch the asker in the face. Having said that, the fans in my general vicinity lost interest quickly after Texas went up 4-1. Even I had to do my first anger-management concourse walk of 2010 after the Rangers pitcher got that 2 RBI single. That was certainly a turning point.

The sour turn the game took at that point distracted me from the utter world of cute that was the Brewers' kids taking the place of the Major League Moment kids so they could stand with their dads during the national anthem (today, since the Brewers are on the road on Father's Day). Prince's kids seem to have inherited possibly an unhealthy amount of dad's body type, but they were still cute. Casey McGehee's little Mack jumped up and down excitedly as Casey ran out to him, and one of Corey's ton of kids did the same. And, as was alluded to early in this thread, Yo Jr. just might have a future in his dad's line of work.

Another early distraction from the game was the appearance of costumed Star Wars characters in front of the press box (thus right behind our seats) in the 2nd inning or so, to promote the Star Wars in Concert coming up at the Bradley Center in July. I'm pretty sure I got in some fans' photos since most everyone in our section and the one next to ours got out a camera or phone and were snapping footage. Eventually I took a photo too, and if it turns out decent I'll post it.

I can't say I'm feeling super optimistic about the Brewers' chances vs. California Anaheim Disney the Angels or the Rockies (or let's face it, the Twins), but I'm willing to see how the games play out.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Photographic proof that Darth Vader was sitting behind the press box loge seats - right under Robb Edwards, in fact:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs550.snc3/30109_1470662492256_1404434242_1218938_5287249_n.jpg

It was kind of weird to turn around and see stormtroopers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Photographic proof that Darth Vader was sitting behind the press box loge seats - right under Robb Edwards, in fact:

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs550.snc3/30109_1470662492256_1404434242_1218938_5287249_n.jpg

It was kind of weird to turn around and see stormtroopers.

I can imagine. I was at a game last year in which the Star Wars characters were all there. It looks like the same Obi-Wan but the Leia I saw last year was probably at least double the size of this Leia

If anyone ever asks me why I don't join in the wave at a baseball game, I'll be tempted to punch the asker in the face.

I would pay to see that. Not that I advocate violence against stupid wave people.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived