Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-11 Rangers (Harden) at Brewers (Narveson), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 6-2]

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm still shocked by that phantom DP... I can't believe Rickie played it so poorly and that 2 different Umps missed both ends of the call. Good for Narvy, good for us, but if I were a Ranger fan I'd be pretty livid.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'm still shocked by that phantom DP... I can't believe Rickie played it so poorly and that 2 different Umps missed both ends of the call. Good for Narvy, good for us, but if I were a Ranger fan I'd be pretty livid.
Well, IIRC, the 2nd base ump was on the infield side of the diamond so all he could see was Week's back. The first base Ump, IMO has no excuse

Please let Loe pitch the 9th Macha.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

That Cordero game wasn't two outs with like straight singles to beat us? i think it was three runs?
Francisco Cordero replaces Derrick Turnbow pitching

Frank Catalanotto strikes out swinging

Ian Kinsler grounds out, P to 1B

Brad Wilkerson singles to LF (line drive)

Wilkerson to 2B on defensive indifference

Ramon Vazquez walks

Gerald Laird singles to LF (line drive to LF-CF), Wilkerson scores, Vazquez to 3B

Kenny Lofton singles to 1B (ground ball to 2B-1B), Vazquez scores, Laird to 2B

Marlon Byrd singles to CF (ground ball thru SS-2B), Laird scores, Lofton to 2B

Michael Young singles to RF (line drive), Lofton scores

June 9, 2007

just a few other side notes if i remember correctly. it was a sheets shutout and cordero had 2 strikes on wilkenson and possibly a couple of other batters

Nice win, the umps gifted us a whole inning worth of outs though with Casey missing the tag on the stolen base (runners never get the call when the ball clearly beats them) and the phantom DP. I'll take it though.

- Plato

- Plato

That Cordero game wasn't two outs with like straight singles to beat us? i think it was three runs?
Francisco Cordero replaces Derrick Turnbow pitching

Frank Catalanotto strikes out swinging

Ian Kinsler grounds out, P to 1B

Brad Wilkerson singles to LF (line drive)

Wilkerson to 2B on defensive indifference

Ramon Vazquez walks

Gerald Laird singles to LF (line drive to LF-CF), Wilkerson scores, Vazquez to 3B

Kenny Lofton singles to 1B (ground ball to 2B-1B), Vazquez scores, Laird to 2B

Marlon Byrd singles to CF (ground ball thru SS-2B), Laird scores, Lofton to 2B

Michael Young singles to RF (line drive), Lofton scores

June 9, 2007

just a few other side notes if i remember correctly. it was a sheets shutout and cordero had 2 strikes on wilkenson and possibly a couple of other batters

I was at that game. I've never been heckled so much for wearing a Brewers cap in my life.

http://www.dogpeople.co.uk/spaw/uploads/images/Good%20Dog%20Barney%20square.jpg

Good dog! Good Narv-dog!

From our vantage point at the park I couldn't tell that the missed calls were missed. But I really appreciated Narveson's good outing. I seriously can't remember the last time we attended a game when only two Brewers pitchers were needed. And wow, is Kameron Loe a big dude. Not quite Graeme Lloyd tall, but not nearly as lanky as Graeme was.

A few observations:

For the sake of fans sitting along the third-base side, the Brewers should have a Chris Narveson helmet night. He sent several foul rockets into the LF field seats. I didn't think the crowd as a whole was that deeply "into" the game, but at least no one appeared to be injured by those line drives.

Briggs & Stratton trivia fail: The question was "who was the last Brewer to get at least 200 hits in a season?" The choices were Cooper, Molitor, Yount. They seem to have forgotten about Ryan Braun's 203 hits last year.

Triple Play Trivia fail: Choices were Weeks, Fielder and someone else (I want to say Braun). The clues were "grandfather played in the Negro Leagues", "hit the most home runs at his position since Don Money" and "top prospect in the Brewers' organization in 2004 and 2005." The contestant was behind us and in front of the press box. We and people all around us were signaling the number choice for Rickie. Dude guessed Prince. He earned his boos, and cannot say sections 217 and 218 weren't trying to help him out.

120 pitches for Rich Harden? I thought he'd be taken out after the back to back homers in the 5th, then I thought for sure once he ended a later inning with 107. I doubt his arm is completely bionic, so what brought that long outing on? (Really tempted to make an unnecessarily mean joke about the manager being on cocaine; and also really tempted to say "crack" a joke)

Anyway - this game was a much welcomed end to a crappy work week. Viva le Narv-dog! and all those homers.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Briggs & Stratton trivia fail: The question was "who was the last

Brewer to get at least 200 hits in a season?" The choices were Cooper,

Molitor, Yount. They seem to have forgotten about Ryan Braun's 203 hits

last year.

Wow, that is truly pathetic.

120 pitches for Rich Harden? I thought he'd be taken out after the back

to back homers in the 5th, then I thought for sure once he ended a

later inning with 107. I doubt his arm is completely bionic, so what

brought that long outing on? (Really tempted to make an unnecessarily

mean joke about the manager being on cocaine; and also really tempted to

say "crack" a joke)

Thus my 2nd signature.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

The triple play trivia fail was epic. The crazy dancing dude on the dance cam was pretty awesome, though. Narv-dog did a good job tonight. I took a bunch more pictures, some turned out better than others. The transition to night at Miller Park is really pretty when the roof is open.

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/gjenkins05/Pics/100B0416.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/gjenkins05/Pics/100_0548.jpg

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

The crazy dancing dude on the dance cam was pretty awesome, though.
Oh, no doubt. If ever there were an instance where the Brewers should send a fan a recording of his/her stint on the videoboard, that might have been it. It might also be the only way the dude remembers what happened. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I'm glad you posted that second picture, thablingster. I was thinking on the way home that maybe I'd misheard the B&S trivia question, and they meant the last Brewer before Ryan Braun to have 200+ hits in a season. But you've got videoboard evidence. Seriously, what a fail (the question, not your photos). It was last year! not to mention one of the highlights of last year.

Did you notice that Bernie had barely returned to the chalet between Corey and Prince's homers?

Also - boos to Time Warner for limiting the Miller Park wi-fi to their customers. It wouldn't bother me but we just got an iPod touch and I was geeked out to possibly give it a try and post from the game or something dorky. I live outside their market, so I couldn't become a customer if I wanted to.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yeah hawing, I saw I had video evidence of the trivia question and that's why I posted it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif I didn't even realize how big of a fail it was, I was too busy watching the game/taking pictures. lol

I also have further evidence of how big of a dude Loe is:

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o254/gjenkins05/Pics/100_0596.jpg

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Wow.

He pitched six innings and threw 120 pitches in a 6-2 loss to the
Brewers on Friday night. The Rangers said the muscle has been bothering
him for some time.

"He hasn't been pitching at 100 percent," general manager Jon Daniels
said. "He has been on the injury report. Nobody is more frustrated than
Rich. So we put our heads together and said, 'Let's knock this out
completely.'"

Harden is expected to undergo an MRI this week to make sure there's not a
more significant injury. Harden said he really felt the injury running
to first base in Friday's game. He dropped a sacrifice bunt and grounded
out in his two plate appearances against the Brewers.

"It's been there for a while," Harden said. "What can I say? ...
Yesterday I ran to first a couple of times, and it got worse. It's
something I've been dealing with. It's been nagging me for some time."

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Archived