Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-10 Cubs (Dempster) at Brewers (Bush), 1:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 5-4, 10 innings]

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does a good throw get Gomez at third?
Nope. Wouldn't have even been close.

Gomez was just interviewed on MLB Network. They asked him if he picked up the 3rd base coach or if he went for 3rd all on his own. He said it was his decision, and he was going the hole way. He said nobody was covering and there was no way the throw and catcher would beat him to the base because he's fastest player in the league. Nice.

Wow, that link that trwi posted... Gomez wants to talk as fast as he runs, but if he ran like he talked he would fall flat on his face. Good thing the Brewers don't pay him to talk. Keep on running Carlos. I won't hate!

That was a pretty exciting play. Nice hustle on Go-Go's part forcing the defense to make a play.

The Cubs looked like the Brewers with all of the poor defense today. I'll take it though. Series win!

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived