Brewer Fanatic

Put them all on the market

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

correct me if i am wrong but wasnt melvin the GM when they made

the playoffs

The one season they made the playoffs under him? He's had two seasons of above .500 ball, one of which was only 4 games over. That's not very good. Not to mention after they made the playoffs the team has been on a steady decline even though most of his key players are in the prime of their careers.

And they didn't finish over .500 once in the... 10 years before he became GM?

And his first wave of prospects made the playoffs. There were five guys that Melvin didn't bring in on that 2008 team, I believe. Hart, Fielder, Hall, Sheets and Parra. The cupboard was BARE when he took over.

I guess I wonder what people expect. Yes, it's been a poor 12 months.... but they were doing great last year until 3 of their starting pitchers got hurt at the same time.

I'd much rather stick with Doug than have gotten "lucky enough" to have the other "hot GM" that the Royals got in Dayton Moore.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Even though we've heard reports of Prince and Hart being available for trade, I just have this feeling that Melvin and Attanasio haven't given up on this season yet. These next few weeks are going to be interesting to say the least.

• 2 weeks later...

Here are my trade ideas/thoughts:

Trade Fielder and Counsell to the Sox for Hudson and Beckham

Trade Hart, Bush, and Gamel to the Giants for Bumgarner or Hart to TB for Davis+

Trade Lawrie and Parra to the Mariners for Pineda

Trade McGehee to Minnesota for some prospects (not sure of their system)

Extend Rickie Weeks

Sign Carl Crawford and Adam Dunn in the offseason.

Lineup would be:

Weeks 2b

Crawford RF

Braun LF

Dunn 1b

Beckham 3b

Lucroy C

Cain Cf

Escobar SS

Pitcher

Rotation

Yo

Bumgarner/Davis

Pineda

Wolf

Hudson

Yes I did not want to work on what I should have been and thought of this instead.

Nice. The only thing I'd do is talent-wise put Hudson at 4 and Wolf at 5. If we weren't paying Wolf, obviously he'd be out of the lineup.

Crawford and Dunn won't come cheap. But good bats are much cheaper than good arms.

Well they won't come cheap but we would have a lot of money to spend too and you could always front load their contracts while all those players are cheap. (easier to trade later too)

• 2 weeks later...

meaning- guys we either won't have next year, or who are redundant- at this point:

Dave Bush
Jim Edmonds
David Riske
Trevor Hoffman
Doug Davis
Craig Counsell
Chris Capuano
Gregg Zaun
Marco Estrada
Jody Gerut
Chris Narveson

PROSPECTS
Angel Salome
Willy Peralta

Any chance at all we could acquire Pineda? I know prospect for prospect trades are rare, but if Jack Z. likes Lawrie as much as I hear, maybe Lawrie and a lower ceiling prospect for Pineda could work. They apparently need offense and we obviously need pitching. I hate to give up Lawrie, but if he brings back a top pitching prospect at this point you almost have to do it.

Archived