Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-06 Brewers (Parra) at Cardinals (Garcia), 7:05 PM CDT [Brewers win, 4-3, 10 innings]

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job Bushie and Loe.

Gotta love the Xerox commercial. I'm tired of this meeting and want to go home. I've got it! Let's destroy the economic lives of a large number of our employees buy canning them and hriing Xerox!

That first strike there looked a lot like Manny's third ball. Seriously? During one AB it is a ball and during another it is a strike. I just do not get umpires at all I wonder if there is someone has done a stat study on how consistent or inconsistent the strike zone is compared to a computerized strike zone for each umpire. Would be interesting to read.

Cory says the Ax is available tonight, so I guess they figure between Bush, Lowe, and Hoffman they've got enough to get it to Ax if needed.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Mom keeps talking on the phone each time they show her...maybe next time she should try and protect junior from getting nailed by a 400 ft homer...that's just not classy
She was on the phone as the ball was coming towards them and then she remained on the phone after her kid got drilled with the ball. It must be important.

man, I really think we should call him Dusty Macha. Parra hasn't really stretched his arm out. He arguably shouldn't have started the 6th...even then, he definitely should have been pulled after one walk. But by wanting to keep Manny in until Rasmus had batted, he pushed him past 100 pitches. Seriously...why take a bullpen member who obviously has run out of gas, and ask him to throw to 2 unnecessary batters JUST so he doesn't have to bring in a lefty to face the lefty? To me, Macha obviously doesn't care about Gallardo and Parra's arms, but we've known he's reckless with them for over a year now.

Part of me would have chuckled had Rickie dropped that pop up. Nice work again from Loe. Hopefully his arm doesn't burn out a la Estrada, although he has experience as a reliever so hopefully it won't be a problem.

Apparently Parra is the first guy in Brewers history to strike out 4 batters in one inning, per Cory.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Someone is really going to have to explain to me the decision to bring in Bush for one batter. I really just don't get it. Although I may have missed some explanation because after hearing Joe Morgan say "in a box" for the 15th time in a 2 minute span I had to take a walk onto the patio before I threw something at my television.

McCalvy said on Twitter he'd ask after the game. There's some speculation it was done to keep Bush available for a possible start on Thursday against the Cubs, as this would be similar to throwing a bullpen session between starts.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

McCalvy said on Twitter he'd ask after the game. There's some speculation it was done to keep Bush available for a possible start on Thursday against the Cubs, as this would be similar to throwing a bullpen session between starts.
Why not just have him actually throw a bullpen then? I'd rather have that then him coming in with the bases loaded in a one run game.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Villa after pitching two innings yesterday over Hoffman, that shows how much they trust Hoffman right now. lol

I hope we don't end up in extras... we'll be in everybody panic time if that happens.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Archived