Brewer Fanatic

I was wondering Is Braun playing Hurt?

brewmann04
I sorry but it makes sense that Hanson ball hurt Ryan.
Of course it hurt him, since he had to sit out two games. But considering he came back after sitting out a couple days, I highly, highly doubt it was anything more than a bad bruise. I mean, I suppose there could have been some hairline fracture or torn muscle (a la Bushie), but I really doubt it. Braun has had injuries in the past that have put him on the bench, so I don't think he'd all of a sudden hide something that was truly bothering him.

More than likely, he's just in a slump, which he will come out of at some point.

Clearly he doesn't care and he's just collecting a paycheck, just like Suppan was and Hoffman is.

Stuff happens, and even the greatest performers of a given skill don't always understand the what/why/how of what they do. The injury could be a factor in the current struggles, to a degree large or small. Maybe it isn't. The team's results don't seem to be affected too much by Braun not hitting. I'm guessing that if he gets back in 320/330 range with his average they still won't be within shouting distance of .500.

I suppose there could have been some hairline fracture or torn muscle (a la Bushie), but I really doubt it.

Maybe if I had more confidence in the Brewers' medical staff, I could agree with this more easily. I'm really concerned this is going to wind up being something bad. I hope I'm wrong.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Eh, he's swinging plenty hard and doesn't look like he's in pain. He's just not seeing anything right now. Swinging at terrible pitches and letting the good ones blow by him. He has looked bad, but it sure doesn't look like injury.

Archived