Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-04 Brewers (Wolf) at Cardinals (Wainwright), 7:15 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-0]

Wainwright's Game Score was 90. Dominating.

ESPN box score has him throwing 103 pitches, 73 for strikes. Even if the Brewers tried to be more patient with him, they wouldn't have gotten very far.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thoroughly against the argument that Wolf is a left-handed Suppan, but now I am trying to remember why I was thinking this isn't the case.

Forget me being demoralized, the whole team looks demoralized. Macha looked demoralized in April.

Whatever, I'm just glad I have don't HAVE to watch this.

So the Brewers are going to intentionally walk an .860 OPS hitter to load the bases for an .830 OPS hitter with an extra runner on base. Makes no sense, but then again, not much the Brewers have done lately has made sense.

I didn't watch the game luckily for me. I can't believe that Macha yet again walked the bases loaded. IBB is bad strategy in most cases let alone to load the bases. The only thing sorse is bringing in Macha when the game can still be won. I had no problem with them keeping Suppan as long as he was the last guy out of the pen. You know the mop up guy. He should never be used as a reliever in a game that we are in.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Verified Member
A third of the season over, I think its safe to assume despite the closeness of their OPSs, Matt Holiday and David Freese aren't similar hitters. An XBH with 2 on or 3 on wouldn't have made a difference.
Formerly AKA Pete

Archived