Brewer Fanatic

Orioles fire manager Dave Trembley

Invader3K

I'm not sure how he's responsible for how poorly the majority of their young pitchers have performed as thus far in their careers, but admittedly I haven't seen the Orioles play a single game this season. I've mostly just followed their prospect pitching and their MLB results. I'd expect a couple of them to struggle, but not all of them they way they have... maybe it's pitching philosophy type thing that's backfired horribly?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

They thought they could fill out the back 3 of the rotation with kids who have barely pitched in the majors. They had a lot of holes in the lineup and thought they could go cheap and fill them with Garrett Atkins, Tejada, Izturis, Lugo, etc.

It's not Trembley's fault, but then it rarely is the manager's fault. MacPhail set him up for failure by proclaiming this season was all about results. Then he gave him a team of washed up veterans and kids with limited experience.

If things suck fire the manager. It's a lot easier to do than get rid of the real problem. Too bad it never solves the real problem. Time for their owner to do what Wendy did for us and fire himself. Still have a lot of respect for her for seeing she was the problem and doing something about it. If she hadn't we'd be the Orioles.
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Still have a lot of respect for her

I was under the impression she did it because she was sick of being around baseball everyday and wanted to cash in. I had no idea she did it for the fans.

I think she did it to protect the organization from having the legislature audit the team's books. There was quite an uproar after the board voted to slash payroll to $30 million to protect profits, then fired Ulice Payne for speaking out. This was only two years after the taxpayers gave hundreds of millions to build a new stadium, contingent on the promise the team would spend what it took to be competitive. Instead, they pocketed the increased revenues from the new stadium and broke their promise to the fans.

Wendy didn't do it for the fans or because she was sick of baseball. She did it to avoid the potential of an audit. Baseball loves to keep their profits a secret.

That's right, I remember now. There was surmounting pressure to open the books, so her and the group put it up for sale. She cashed in and THEN sold the team. I remembered it wrong. Either way, Bud did great things for baseball in this town, but Wendy could have really cared less. She just wanted the money.

Where did you get that impression from?

I rode an elevator with her one time and jokingly asked her if she had

good seats for the game. Her reply is how I formed my impression.

Archived