Brewer Fanatic

Infielder Adam Heether lost on waivers to Oakland; Gamel activated to the 40-man and optioned to Nashville

Diskono

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weak sauce. I really thought Heether could have been a decent MLBer.

Did I miss him being removed from the 40-man when Gamel was brought back? Also, Zaun hasn't been moved to the 60-day yet as far as I know, so why wouldn't they just move him to the 60-day?

Maybe I'm missing something, or DM just thinks Heether will never pan out.

I'd type something meaningful but the more I think about Suppan still being on the roster, the more irritated I get.

I hope he gets a chance to stick in the bigs and this is just the start of better days ahead for Heether.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

So the Brewers lost their only real RH bench bat option to keep Suppan around?
That pretty much makes me sick. At least with another team Heether will actually be given a shot at the major league level, which the Brewers never seemed willing to give him.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Ugh. Oh well. In all Honesty, i didn't see him get much playing time behind Casey and Mat. This is probably a great move for him, as he is from Ripon Ca(not too far west of Oakland). Best of luck to you Adam. But for the record, if suppan costs us any more players, i'm going to lay down in traffic.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Could be Riske too, I suppose. If we're bothering to activate one of those two from the 60-day DL, you would think that a move to MLB would be happening too (in which case, waiving Heether wouldn't make much sense). Weird.

You have to wonder if there's a move in the works to bring in a veteran backup catcher. Not that Lucroy hasn't done well, but Kottaras has really grabbed the job, and Lucroy needs to be playing.

Brewers might have had a better chance of getting Butler through waivers. Heether has value because he's got options left and therefore is a perfect guy to shuttle back and forth.

I think once Gamel is eligible to come off the 60 day, they'll just put Zaun on it.

It was becoming obvious he was never going to get a shot in Milwaukee, so good for him. I just wonder if they'll regret this in the long run. I'm not saying he's going to turn into a star or something, but he seems like he could have been a useful guy to have on the bench.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Luis Cruz > Adam Heether? Hmmm.

It must be Melvin's long-known strategy of favoring defense over offense.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Either way. This is not something I am going to be too upset about...where was he ever going to play in Milwaukee. Also, as with Stern, it is rather ridiculous to jump to the conclusion that these guys are being waived because someone wants to keep Jeff Suppan on the roster. There is nothing to suggest that is the motivation.

You really have to wonder how capable Melvin is to this organization is anymore. Not that Heether is that big of a loss, but as someone else already point out, he is literally doing everything possible to keep Suppan on the team. It's like he's afraid to admit his mistake, and is not making mistake after mistake as a result. With Chris Capuano, Dave Bush, Chris Narveson, Manny Parra, Kameron Loe and Marco Estrada all capable of doing what Suppan is doing, there is absolutely no use for him. I really have lost faith in Melvin because I feel like he is panicing. I'm just waiting for him to announce an extension to Suppan now.

Not that Heether is that big of a loss, but as someone else already point out, he is literally doing everything possible to keep Suppan on the team.

I'll ask again, what specific evidence or indication is there that Heether (and Stern) was waived because DM wants to keep Jeff Suppan on the roster? Other than the fact that two career AAA players are no longer oart of the organization, there is nothing to suggest that one has anything to do with the other.

what specific evidence or indication is there that Heether (and Stern) was waived because DM wants to keep Jeff Suppan on the roster?

Heether is not on the 40-man, Suppan is on the 40-man. Not sure what piece of evidence you are looking for here, the two names written on a piece of paper with a circle around one of them?

Archived