Brewer Fanatic

WAS SP Stephen Strasburg: MLB debut scheduled for 6/8

Link

The Nationals have decided that right-hander Stephen Strasburg will make his Major League debut [at home] on June 8 against the Pirates -- provided that a rainout or injury doesn't stand in the way.

"We believe he is ready to go," general manager Mike Rizzo said on Monday.

Strasburg, the No. 1 overall pick in the 2009 First-Year Player Draft, has been dominant in the Minors thus far, going a combined 6-2 with a 1.43 ERA and 60 strikeouts in 50 1/3 innings for Double-A Harrisburg and Triple-A Syracuse.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

For those who want to watch his final start tomorrow, it will be on Versus at 1 PM with a re-airing at 6 PM (I think) might be 7, can't remember so I'll just give the earlier time.

When I saw this headline I thought to myself "I wonder if they are having him start against a team like the Pirates...that way he has a good chance of dominating in his first game"...and sure enough it was the Pirates. I'm glad it's not against the Brewers since their track record against pitchers making their major league debut is less than stellar.

Yeah, I guess I buy into the hype finally after last night. He definitely has nasty "stuff". Nats fans have to be feeling pretty good right now. I did think some of the coverage was over the top with all the "countdowns" and fake pomp (Costas was a bit out of line in his commentary, frankly), but I guess if this gives Washington baseball fans something to get legitimately excited about, good for them.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Community Moderator

It sure will be interesting to see how he does in his next few starts. He did look great but once teams see him and get film on him it will be tougher for him. I sure hope he stays healthy, he's fun to watch.

As for Costas, he seems to get a little poetic when things could be historic. I enjoy it though.

Archived