Brewer Fanatic

Mock draft thread

Goldstein still has the Brewers taking Ranaudo, which would make me happy. Andy Seiler has them taking Matt Harvey.
Decent college arms and big upside high school pitchers will probably be available when they pick, but I bet the Brewers will go with what they always have and take the one guy with the big huge one tool and hope for the best, ignoring completely that the more rounded player is a better bet. Guys like Workman and McGuire, Allie, Cole and Covey, and bats like Colon, Grandal and Cabrera all being over looked for the flavor of the week.
Doesn't Allie fall more into the one-big-tool/possible-reliever category more than the well-rounded one? Don't get me wrong, I'd still like to draft him.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
so it be pitching or hitting can't wait to see see what the Brewers do.
If any of these mocks are remotely true, there is going to be massive disappointment over the Brewers first round pick this year.

Castellanos: Wont have the power to be a third baseman.

Harvey: Winds up in the bullpen or injured

Wojciehowski: Bullpen guy as well

Biddle: No reason in the world that this kid should be drafted in the 1st round.

Last year you said Heckathorn was nothing but a reliever too, and that couldn't be more wrong.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Archived