Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-02 Brewers (Gallardo) at Marlins (Volstad), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, I cannot believe the blown perfect game. Unfortunately this isn't like the Sabathia blown no hitter where they can review it and change the call. Typically I try not to criticize umps for blown close calls but that was horrendous. If there is any doubt I think you have to call it an out.

If there is any doubt I think you have to call it an out.

He's proving how impartial he is by not letting the situation dictate the call. In fact willing to make the wrong call to prove how above the moment he and his righteous brethren are.

What the hell is going on with the baserunning this inning? First the Fielder single off the wall, and then Braun holds on the ground ball.

Stop talking about the Brewers please. This thread is about the Tigers now. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I must say I am very impressed with the maturity Gallaraga showed after getting the hosing of the decade. There is no way I would have been able to stay that calm in the same situation.

Yep, he started celebrating and then just a smile. I would have gone insane on that umpire, made sure I would've gotten ejected.

Can I call Gomez Blowmez from now on?

I must say I am very impressed with the maturity Gallaraga showed after getting the hosing of the decade. There is no way I would have been able to stay that calm in the same situation.

Yep, he started celebrating and then just a smile. I would have gone insane on that umpire, made sure I would've gotten ejected.

Can I call Gomez Blowmez from now on?

Leyland did it for him. Went bonkers. Rightfully so.

I hope baseball steps in and overturns it. Would have been the final out of the game. Would not have changed any outcomes. Just do the right thing.

http://web6.twitpic.com/img/109864486-a0d6984ed80f966764b1ac26d1cca469.4c06fe90-scaled.jpg

Gomez had a decent at-bat there...was smart enough to not take the bat off the shoulder until he saw a strike or two after Hart walked to load the bases. Too bad he couldn't find a hole, but the fact that the Brewers didn't score that inning is more on Braun's head than Gomez's. Braun's cost the team two runs now, between the baserunning blunder and losing the ball in the first inning and not getting a good throw home.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

tbf Gallaraga probably couldn't tell at the time since he had his back turned but I'm sure he's pretty PO'd when he saw the replay
I really wish they were allowed to show replays at the games. This time, however, for the umpire's sake, he should be happy they aren't allowed to. I can't even imagine the stream of garbage that would have hit the field.

I sure wish the Brewers could have picked up Galarraga for a player like Michael Hernadez when Daniels was being dumb early in his career as the GM in Texas. He sure had some horrible trades before he figured things out. I know Galarraga had a tough year in 2009 but I've always liked him for some reason.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I really have a hard time with the mental errors this team makes.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Jim Leyland just gave a great interview. He seems like a great guy, a guy I don't necessarily agree with it sometimes, but a very down to Earth guy. Also, the umpire said that the batter beat the ball and the bobble didn't come into play.

Archived