Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-02 Brewers (Gallardo) at Marlins (Volstad), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 7-4]

2 outs to go for Galarraga. I hope MLB.com didn't jinx him.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
ohh my, down to his last out...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

LOL, bad umpiring costs Galarraga a perfect game. Another example of how terrible the umpiring has been this year.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

According to the Tigers' announcers, the guy was out. Wow.

I'll have to wait and see this for myself.

He was clearly out. Leyland went out and yelled at him, Cabrera was barking at him the whole time after the call even when the pitches were going on and the fans booed him nonstop until the end of the game.

Man, how do you live with yourself after blowing a call that bad in that kind of moment?

- Plato

- Plato

Detroit is a rough town to begin with. Joyce is gonna have a hard time getting out alive. Funny thing is he's gonna have to work the game tomorrow.

There is no way he will ump the game tomorrow. He better have a lot of security if he does.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

I hate to go to this card, but I truly think some of these long tenured umps resent the players and the game and it can influence their calls. Seems like all the old umps and beat hacks just hate to be there and some look to lash out. There can be no other reason for that call. ESPN crew calling for the one red flag ala NFL.

Honest question: Can baseball change this? Can they over rule the ump and grant him the perfect game after the fact, in a case that is so obvious?

Would send a much needed message to the umpiring fraternity.

I was wondering the same thing. Has it ever been done?

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Archived