Brewer Fanatic

2010-06-01 Brewers (Bush) at Marlins (Nolasco), 6:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 6-4]

FanGraphs has the average velocity of his fastball at 85.7 mph this year, down from 87.9 last year (and 88.7 the year before that). Something happened, and the line drive incident seems to be the most plausible explanation (although it's entirely possible something else caused the huge drop).

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lol man I hate that picture with a passion, but it was so unexpected as an avatar I had to laugh.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

lol man I hate that picture with a passion, but it was so unexpected as an avatar I had to laugh.
After getting my hopes up that today would be DFA Day, I had to do something. I think a tweet from Miller Park Drunk said it best today -- Jeff Suppan is like a cockroach, and if Miller Park was hit with a nuclear bomb he'd be the only Brewer still standing.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

So, was unable to watch, except on gameday... is it wrong that every time I see a "extra base hit to LF Ryan Braun" or "extra base hit to CF Jim Edmonds" I assume it probably would've been caught by an average defender...

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Well that's not the way I wanted the inning to start.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

yep, you guys said it. We pulled Bush with 86 pitches to go to the battered pen. i know it's hot, but I hate the momentum changes that Macha does when he takes effective pitchers out

Macha can't win... he pulls Bush and Hoffman gets beat by a couple of balls that were fair by 6 inches. If he keeps Bush out there and Bush gives up runs, everybody says that "everyone knows that Bush gets lit up in the 7th, why would you send him back out there."

Macha can't win... he pulls Bush and Hoffman gets beat by a couple of balls that were fair by 6 inches. If he keeps Bush out there and Bush gives up runs, everybody says that "everyone knows that Bush gets lit up in the 7th, why would you send him back out there."

1. I'd take my chances with Bush.

2. I'd push our starters as far as they can go (assuming it isn't a crazy pitch count like 120 or 130 and even 115 is pushing it) to save the bullpen. Bush was at 86 pitches. Even if he gives up a couple of runs, he would probably get through 7 innings at around 110 pitches and the bullpen would only need to cover an inning or two.

Narveson was at 99 pitches after walking Uggla on 4 straight that weren't even close to the zone.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Archived