Brewer Fanatic

General Draft Discussion

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Allie or Cole are still there, pull the trigger and show them the money! Both of these kids are sure 1st rounders right now and could be top 5 -10 picks in 2013. I say it would be worth the money to lock them up even if that means he have to sign a few less 20-50 round picks. A wave of Covey & Allie or Covey & Cole would be incredible....It would be what the Rogers and Gallardo was meant to be.

Plus remember Seid was the magic man last year with signing players who were consider tougher signings such as Davis, Richardson, Del Howell, Gennett (maybe the toughest), McKelvie and a few more. Signed all of there top 20 round picks (total of like 23). Jacobbi " Baby Prince" McDaniels was the only one they really failed at. Rutledge maybe.

Yeah, if Allie is available at 64, I really hope the Brewers pull the trigger and pay him over slot. Covey & Allie, that would be great draft for the Brewers, two 19 year old pitchers with great stuff and potential. With Melvin's awful track record of picking FA pitchers, money would be much better spent signing top pitching prospects instead and it would cost much less too.

What a crazy first round. The Astros, Cubs, and Giants are hopeless imo. I think the Blue Jays, Red Sox, and Rays were the obvious big winners. The Nats too. The Jays got three really quality arms.

The long break between rounds will give teams a chance to re-gauge Allie. If he looks remotely signable, the Brewers won't have a chance.

Hopefully they open the wallet in round 2. Allie, Cole, or Garin Cecchini. Cecchini played with Bryce Harper on Team USA last summer, but it was Cecchini, not Harper, that lead the team in OBA and Slugging %, then he hurt his knee this spring, which is why he fell, along with price.

If none are available, give OF/RHP Eibner his wish and let him play the OF. 3 more HRs this past weekend? I think that puts him at 21 for the season, pretty outstanding for a guy that also works as a starting pitcher.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I have some friends who live in Magnolia, AR where Southern Arkansas is located. They said the Cubs had been really hot on Simpson, but they thought he would go in round 3, not in round 1. They were pretty excited, because he is a hometown kid, but they were still surprised to see him go that early.

Hopefully they open the wallet in round 2. Allie, Cole, or Garin Cecchini. Cecchini played with Bryce Harper on Team USA last summer, but it was Cecchini, not Harper, that lead the team in OBA and Slugging %, then he hurt his knee this spring, which is why he fell, along with price.

If none are available, give OF/RHP Eibner his wish and let him play the OF. 3 more HRs this past weekend? I think that puts him at 21 for the season, pretty outstanding for a guy that also works as a starting pitcher.

I would jump for joy if he drafted any of those 4. I might be willing to take a chance on Yordy Cabrera as well.

I say take Allie, offer Scheppers money, maybe a bit more. If he declines, try to meet in the middle somewhere one last time. The comp. pick for not signing him protects us somewhat. Next years draft is supposed to be pretty dang good.

We're in the perfect storm for signing someone like Allie or Cole. We have a desparate need for SP, we have about $40-50MM coming off the MLB payroll after this season, and we don't have any extra picks to worry about signing. Fingers crossed that some "signability" player falls to the Brewers and they pull the trigger.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

The only negative about those signability guys is that they likely won't pitch this season, they'll be on the shelf waiting for MLB to approve the bonus money, but I agree that it will be great to have them in the system regardless.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

JonathanMayoB3 Day 2 of the #mlbdraft will start with the Nationals taking USD lefty Sammy Solis.

That Nats farm system is really starting to look good. The NL East is going to be scary good in a few years.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Time for a new avatar crewcrazy!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Yeah, I promised a new one in the Suppan thread, but the draft left me with little time to look for a new one. Between my last two (Hoffman and Suppan) I'm afraid to transfer the bad mojo to someone else...maybe I should just change it to Ted Lilly and be done with it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Hendry would be a better choice, bring the whole organization down!

- Plato

- Plato

The Pirates took Allie right away.

- Plato

- Plato

Archived