Brewer Fanatic

How much longer for Jeff Suppan? -- Latest: Suppan signs with STL, starts 6/15

Invader3K
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to happen to make the incompetent Brewers brass wake up. They gave in to fan panic, and the coaches couldn't fix a problem with mechanics. No patience. They never let Suppan start enough games.
After 3 scoreless innings against one of the worst offenses in MLB and you think it was a mistake to release Suppan? I'm not quite there yet. I don't think anything he does in St. Louis could make me change my mind on how I feel about the worthless Suppan.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

This is exactly the kind of thing that needs to happen to make the incompetent Brewers brass wake up. They gave in to fan panic, and the coaches couldn't fix a problem with mechanics. No patience. They never let Suppan start enough games.
[/blue]?

Bradley just took Suppan deep, thankfully.

Bradley swings and crushes one towards South America. Rasmus is going to need a rocket up his ass to catch this one. That baby's out of here.
Thank you for the Harry Doyle line. That made me smile. Especially since it was Suppan letting that bomb up for someone other then the Brewers.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Jeff hits a double

Scores as Meltdown drops a ball.

Cards fans chanting SOUUUUP.

http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/frown.gif

Edit: Soup comes out after 4, so he can't get a decision.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

LaRussa did this at the request of Melvin. Too humiliating to have Suppan get a win right after being released.
Indeed. Showing up a division rival is not classy.

I'd still like to see how Suppan shapes up against a better hitting team. He'll get either Oakland or Toronto in his next start, with Toronto having the advantage of using the DH.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Right now, most if not all theories recently posited in this thread are possible:

Pulled before impending implosion

Ran himself tired on basepath

Soup is fixed/Duncan is a genius saint/Everyone in the Brewers' organization sucks

Wait to see how he pitches against a team having a better season than the 2010 Mariners

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Yea because Suppan is a better pitching than Parra or Narveson...

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

LaRussa did this at the request of Melvin. Too humiliating to have Suppan get a win right after being released.
Indeed. Showing up a division rival is not classy.

I'd still like to see how Suppan shapes up against a better hitting team. He'll get either Oakland or Toronto in his next start, with Toronto having the advantage of using the DH.

I'd love to see how Suppan would do against Toronto, who leads all of baseball in HR.

You really can't make any proclamations about his start tonight. It was 4 innings, he was pretty lucky to get out of the first inning without any damage, and he's had good 4-inning stretches before with the Brewers. I feel like all of the inevitable "SEE! IT WAS RICK PETERSON'S FAULT!" talk (across the web, not saying it'll happen here) is going to drive me nuts until his next start.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Yea because Suppan is a better pitching than Parra or Narveson...

Probably better than Narveson right now.

Dang, I wish the Brewers had someone who could go 4 innings with just one earned run. Oh gee, we did.

Dang, I wish the Brewers had someone who could go 4 innings with just one earned run. Oh gee, we did.

If we're going to go ahead and judge pitcher only by their most recent start, Narveson went 7 innings with 2 earned in his last outing...

If we're going to go ahead and judge pitcher only by their most recent start, Narveson went 7 innings with 2 earned in his last outing...
Equivalent starts. Suppan had 4 strikeouts in 4 innings, Narveson 4 in 7 innings.

Equivalent starts. Suppan had 4 strikeouts in 4 innings, Narveson 4 in 7 innings.
Okay, so their most recent starts were equivalent, but Narveson has pitched far better both this season and last season. I don't see how Suppan can possibly be the better pitcher at this point...

Okay, so their most recent starts were equivalent, but Narveson has pitched far better both this season and last season. I don't see how Suppan can possibly be the better pitcher at this point...
They found the fault in mechanics. Peterson never could. Suppan was never given enough starts this year to establish much as a starter. Each is probably good for 4 runs in 6 innings most of the time. Coming in for spot relief appearances isn't the same. He's getting strikeouts now and more velocity than he ever had here.

Mariano Rivera: May 21st vs. Mets - 1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER

Bill Hall: May 28th vs Royals - 1 IP, 0 H, 0 ER

Equivalent outings. Bill Hall is a better pitcher than Mariano Rivera.

Jeff Suppan is a starter and a pitcher. Bill Hall is not, and admits it himself. Using even a smaller sample sample size of outings isn't making much of a point.

I'm a better pitcher than Jason Marquis. We each had 0.0 innings pitched in our last start. Yet, Jason has an ERA of 20.52.

Archived