Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-28 Mets (Santana) at Brewers (Gallardo), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers win, 2-0]

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff, Witrado.

Hart sent the Brewers home happy, smoking a walk-off homer into his team's bullpen for his 10th home run of the season and his first walk-off of his career.

Brewers 1, Mets 0.

It looked like a no doubter of the bat, but I agree with you guys that Bay started to fool me. But when you're at the park, it's really easy to tell.

I'm just really amused by the fact he can't tell the difference between a 275 foot flyball or a 375 foot homerun.

Good stuff, Witrado.

Hart sent the Brewers home happy, smoking a walk-off homer into his team's bullpen for his 10th home run of the season and his first walk-off of his career.

Brewers 1, Mets 0.

Its' so funny, yet so sad this chump still has a job with all his errors. What a great "journalist".

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Hart looked like he thought it was out, but I also wasn't sure because of the way Bay looked like he was camping under it.

I'll give some huge props to the Mets pitching staff, though. Almost four shutouts in a row is quite the feat.

Good stuff, Witrado.

Brewers 1, Mets 0.

Well, he didn't bother to check the lineup until multiple people told him he was wrong in the comments before the game, so why should he get the final score right?

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Verified Member

Had an awesome time at the game. It was the best pitcher's duel I have seen since I saw Roger Clemens beat Ted Higuera in a 1-0 game back in the 1980's at County Stadium.

I was most excited that Gallardo was efficient with his pitch count, didn't walk batters, didn't face many full counts, pitched to contact, and went the distance. That is what an ace is supposed to look like.

AWESOME NIGHT !!

EDIT: Gotta give some props to Corey Hart too !! Glad he went deep and got Yovani a well-deserved "W"

the doorman with a classic arms out no doubter

The Doorman never gets it wrong

I'm still up and buzzing over that win. Yo was truly an ace tonight. Peterson was emotional in the postgame interview. Just some great baseball from both teams and both pitchers. In the end, the pitch count mattered...Yo gets through 9 and Jo gives way to the meatballer after 8. Man it's good to be on the other side of one of these. I'm really happy for those guys.

edit: For Davey to give Yo the nod over Corey for Player of the Game is saying something...I swear Corey is his adopted son, he loves that guy.

edit: For Davey to give Yo the nod over Corey for Player of the Game is saying something...I swear Corey is his adopted son, he loves that guy.
Makes sense...weren't the outfielders his responsibility when he was on the coaching staff?

I still can't get over Yo's outing tonight. It's one thing to do it against a random team like the Astros, it's another thing to do it against Johan Santana with everyone in New York watching. This may have been Yo's coming out party to the national media, if he hasn't had it already.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Community Moderator
Was at the Twins game and missed the radio call on this but was watching my game tracker on the phone. Awesome win! Lets keep the momentum rolling here and get back within 5 games of the lead. And how about Cappy coming back now too! Great day.

It was the first complete game shutout by a Brewers pitcher since Ben

Sheets downed the Padres 1-0 on September 6, 2008.... when Sheeter out dueled Jake Peavy.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

There was Yo for Cy Young talk last year around the all star break. Not strong but he was in the 2nd tier. His walks were a little high though.

I also like the flipping of Fielder to 3rd in our order against LHP. He is one of our worst hitters vs LHP.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Just finished watching the game. Yo is simply awesome, his ERA has dipped to 2.78 and he's on pace for another 200K season. Really hope Yo can maintain the low walks like what he did in this game, it would help get him deeper into games. He's only 24 years old and is developing very nicely into a solid ace.

Tonight was a huge step forward for Yo. If he can start doing this consistently (walk-wise) he's not going to be a "good #2" anymore.
Agree 100%. I hope last night was a big "light bulb" moment for Gallardo. It was refreshing to see him attack guys and pound the zone instead of nibbling and over using "waste pitches."
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived