Brewer Fanatic

Braun Leading Vote-Getter in NL Outfield

crewcrazy

The first round of All-Star voting results were announced today, and Ryan Braun is leading all NL outfielders in votes. (Link)

Where other Brewers rank:

Fielder - 3rd in 1B

Weeks - (distant) 2nd in 2B

Escobar - 3rd in SS

McGehee - 3rd in 3B

Edmonds - 12th in OF

Gomez - 14th in OF

A little disheartening that Casey is so far behind in the 3B voting despite the hot start, but I think he'll have a real hard time beating out the big-market players in Polanco and Wright. I'm a little surprised Escobar is so high in the SS voting, but it seems to be a pretty thin position for the NL.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Sadly name recognition is far more important than productivity. Then again since players get voted on with only half a season's worth of production to base it off of I suppose how they finished last seaosn should count for something as well. I wish baseball had something like the NFL has with an all-pro selection on top of the probowl selections. Robin Yount always seemed to get screwed by the the timing of the allstar game. Didn't he win his second MVP in a season he didn't make the all star game?
There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

I think the ballot is based off of the opening day starters, and Edmonds started in RF opening day. I agree Braun and McGehee should go. However, if the Brewers are still in the bottom of the standings when it comes time to pick subs, I could see them only getting one representative.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

It's hard for me to see McGehee making the All-Star game. There are just too many well known 3Bs throughout the NL that he's running up against. Braun seems like he should be a lock to start.

I can't believe Rickie Weeks is second among 2Bs. His season overall hasn't exactly been good.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

That is kind of odd, Johnson and Uggla both have 12 HR already and Utley is always a beast. Seems strange that Weeks makes the top 3 even. Of course since it is fan voting you get all kinds of weird results.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Weeks got off to a hot start; I'm sure that's playing a role. He'll probably fade in the balloting

But how many people actually allow current stats (and even more so current streaks) bias their voting? I doubt there are too many. I know I keep my homer mind free and clear of objective data like OPS and ERA when I vote for 9 Brewers every time! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

I keep my homer mind free and clear of objective data like OPS and ERA when I vote for 9 Brewers every time! http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
I salute you for being able to do that. I just can't cast an all-star vote for Diego.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I can't believe Edmonds is on the ballot much less 12th.

It's obvious that Brewer fans have been voting in large numbers, but I would hope they would not make a mockery of the voting by voting for Weeks and my gosh, Edmonds. Have a little objectivity. Vote for Braun and McGehee who are deserving. If you want to throw another vote to one of your favorites, that's fine. I've voted for Braun and McGehee and Escobar as he's a favorite of mine. But I've also voted for Votto, Utley, and Ethier because they are deserving. Voting for Edmonds or Zaun is a sham and a mockery. It's a shamockery. I want to see the NL win for once.

I can't believe Edmonds is on the ballot much less 12th.

It's obvious that Brewer fans have been voting in large numbers, but I would hope they would not make a mockery of the voting by voting for Weeks and my gosh, Edmonds. Have a little objectivity. Vote for Braun and McGehee who are deserving. If you want to throw another vote to one of your favorites, that's fine. I've voted for Braun and McGehee and Escobar as he's a favorite of mine. But I've also voted for Votto, Utley, and Ethier because they are deserving. Voting for Edmonds or Zaun is a sham and a mockery. It's a shamockery. I want to see the NL win for once.

The process of allowing fans to vote virtually as much as they want to decide All-Star rosters is already a "shamockery." Might as well vote for 9 Brewers...

Oh, and Russell Branyan. Best 1B in the American League, BY FAR.

I vote for the players I think are playing the best and deserve to go. I voted for Weeks early in the season, he has faded a bit so I have switched to Utley. I have been voting for Braun and McGehee every time and will continue to. Here has been my NL ballot:

C: Olivo

1B: Votto

2B: Utley

SS: Ramirez

3B: McGehee

OF: Braun, Ethier and Werth

AL ballot:

C: Mauer

1B: Morneau

2B: Cano

SS: Andrus

3B: Longoria

OF: Crawford, Ichiro, Wells

DH: Guerrero

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The only reason so many Brewers are at the top of the list is because of the people who turn in thousands of ballots at Miller Park for a chance at the drawings. I don't even bother voting, because what's my couple of votes/one ticket for the prize drawing compared to thousands of votes/hundreds of raffle tickets for the drawings.

That said, I would hate to see Casey miss the All-Star game at this point.

bani1717[/b]]The only reason so many Brewers are at the top of the list is because of the people who turn in thousands of ballots at Miller Park for a chance at the drawings.

I'm always happy when the voting ends, because I get annoyed by the fans who pull out their game ticket when they announce the "All-Star drawing winner". Then they sit and study the ticket looking for the number that corresponds with the number on the scoreboard. Hello people? Listen to the announcement. It has nothing to do with your game ticket.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Archived