Brewer Fanatic

My kid's throwing out the first pitch!

Next Sunday @ 1 PM before the Mets/Crew game my 12 yr old son will be throwing out the first pitch. If you are there cheer him on. He's in little league so the mound is 45' for him so since we found out he's been practicing at 60'6". Pretty cool, I'm really looking forward to it.

Congrats! That's pretty awesome. Teach him to throw the eephus pitch for the event! Regardless, I'll be sure to clap. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Congrats..we'll will be in attendance and will cheer a little louder than normal. (I'm sure my 12 year old will be extremely jealous - as will his dad http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif )

Thanks all. I don't know if he will check the runner at first since we don't have lead offs in 11-12 yr old little league. I imagine he will be pretty jacked up and want to throw a rocket. Hopefully he doesn't overthrow but.....whatever happens will be cool. He has cousins coming in from Tennessee, Madison, LaX and Chippawah Falls for this. Thanks for all the thoughts.

For a moment I was thinking "backup catcher - hey, maybe he'll throw to Lucroy!" But if Jonathan gets the start with Randy Wolf Tuesday, then Wolf would be scheduled to pitch on Sunday (after several Tuesday-Sunday pairs of games this season, I'm getting a tiny bit tired of seeing Wolf-Wolf and Bush-Bush), and if Ken pairs Lucroy with Wolf, then your son might be throwing to George Kottaras.

Ehh, it's still going to be a thrill.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Make sure he checks on the runner at first. He should step off if he has to. Maybe even get the catcher to go through the signals again.

This would be hilarious, and I'd bet the crowd would eat it up

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
Too bad he's so young. I'd love to see someone to throw a knee bending curve ball.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

That's an exciting opportunity, I hope your family has a great time! I'm surprised no one has asked yet, but how did the opportunity come along?
Back when Bud brought baseball back to Milwaukee he asked my dad if he would help him sell season tix since my dad owned a Real Estate company and dealt with plenty of transferrees. He loved baseball and the Brewers appreciated his efforts by giving him second row seats. When my dad retired in 92 my brother and I took over the tix and I believe there are around 90 original season ticket holders still being season tix holders. The Brewers do some nice things for us as my dad threw out the first pitch around 4 yrs ago when he was pretty far along with alzheimers but he went right up to the top of the mound and fired it in. I have a great rep for the Brewers who called me up and asked me if I wanted to do it. After getting excited I got even more excited when my thoughts went away from me and I asked Bill if my 12 yr old could do it. Bill was all for it. When I picked up my son at school that day I asked him how his day was and he said, good. I said not as well as it will be in a minute. He basically said huh then asked what's up Dad. I said the Brewers called and asked me to throw out the first pitch and Joe said, that's so cool dad. I told him I said no I couldn't do it but how about my 12 yr old son. The look in my kid's eyes I will remember forever. He was so excited then said let's go to the high school field so he can throw off the longer mound, (45' in little league). Bottom line I could have done it but I am so happy I can relay the thrill down to my kid and I am so proud my dad loved the Brewers so much creating this great opportunity for our entire family to share. Thanks for all the great thoughts.

That's an exciting opportunity, I hope your family has a great time! I'm surprised no one has asked yet, but how did the opportunity come along?
Back when Bud brought baseball back to Milwaukee he asked my dad if he would help him sell season tix since my dad owned a Real Estate company and dealt with plenty of transferrees. He loved baseball and the Brewers appreciated his efforts by giving him second row seats. When my dad retired in 92 my brother and I took over the tix and I believe there are around 90 original season ticket holders still being season tix holders. The Brewers do some nice things for us as my dad threw out the first pitch around 4 yrs ago when he was pretty far along with alzheimers but he went right up to the top of the mound and fired it in. I have a great rep for the Brewers who called me up and asked me if I wanted to do it. After getting excited I got even more excited when my thoughts went away from me and I asked Bill if my 12 yr old could do it. Bill was all for it. When I picked up my son at school that day I asked him how his day was and he said, good. I said not as well as it will be in a minute. He basically said huh then asked what's up Dad. I said the Brewers called and asked me to throw out the first pitch and Joe said, that's so cool dad. I told him I said no I couldn't do it but how about my 12 yr old son. The look in my kid's eyes I will remember forever. He was so excited then said let's go to the high school field so he can throw off the longer mound, (45' in little league). Bottom line I could have done it but I am so happy I can relay the thrill down to my kid and I am so proud my dad loved the Brewers so much creating this great opportunity for our entire family to share. Thanks for all the great thoughts.

Wow...I was going to refrain from posting in here as my "that's a good memory" post would have been redundant, but that's just such an awesome story, and pretty much defines what it means to be a Dad.

That just an amazing thing to be able to do for your Son. Baseball is about Fathers and Sons, and a father being able to afford his son the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at a game is just incredibly cool. The thrill you would have gotten from throwing out a pitch at Miller Park, and I'm sure it'd have been an incredible thrill, I bet doesn't even compare with the look on your sons face when you told him.

Your post also makes me appreciate the hell out of your father AND Bud Selig for their contributions to Milwaukee, something that's all too forgotten when people bash Selig, the man who single handedly brought baseball back to Milwaukee.

It's also nice to see someone who actually had a part in baseball becoming a success in Milwaukee participating rather than some CEO who has a sponsorship deal with the Brewers.

Oh, that said, I may be from Wisconsin, but I'm all NY when it comes to the 1st pitch. That kid bounces one up there, I will boo the Bejesus out of him just like Invader!

Icbj86c-"I'm not that enamored with Aaron Donald either."

Thanks hawing I did send you a PM that would be great. Joe had a blast throughout the entire deal. The excitement, the nerves, the tailgate, having 17 relatives in town then it is over so quickly. I told him to soak it all in and he did but wishes he would have thrown the ball a bit harder. Think back to when you were 12. Any specifice memories? Joe will maintain this one. Thanks all for all the great comments.

Archived