Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-22 Brewers (Gallardo) at Twins (Slowey), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-7, 12 innings]

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder if Melvin has a plan?
Spend millions of dollars of pitchers at least in their mid 30s that throw about as hard as me as well as relievers.

I meant a new plan.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'm not even the least bit excited about this opportunity yet. I didn't realize exactly how cynical/apathetic I've gotten about this group so early in the season until just now.

And yet I still watch.

Why am I still rooting so hard?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Verified Member
On Tuesday when Parra started they called up Estrada specifically to piggyback with Parra since he is no longer stretched out. Most would assume that piggybacking scenario would have been the case for tomorrow as well.

There have been several times this year Macha has needlessly run through pitchers. Granted this time it didn't lead to those guys throwing double digit pitches, but over the course of a season it will and that is how bullpens get burned out. A lot of other managers do it too, I was just pointing it out, especially in light of the Estrada situation.

They brought up a guy because the pen was toasty. That doesn't mean that he was his tandem starter. I actually wouldn't mind that. Its pretty debatable that Macha has gone through pitchers needlessly. There are a lot of people who complain the opposite. If anything be ready for the next guy to use more pitchers and in a less logical fashion.

Formerly AKA Pete

WOOHOO!!! A real rally

- Plato

- Plato

They brought up a guy because the pen was toasty. That doesn't mean that he was his tandem starter. I actually wouldn't mind that. Its pretty debatable that Macha has gone through pitchers needlessly. There are a lot of people who complain the opposite. If anything be ready for the next guy to use more pitchers and in a less logical fashion.

Estrada was a starter at Class AAA Nashville and Macha said he was summoned expressly to provide backup today for lefty Manny Parra, who is making his first start and has not been stretched out while in the bullpen.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/94135999.html

TIE GAME!!!!

Archived