Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-22 Brewers (Gallardo) at Twins (Slowey), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-7, 12 innings]

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There you go Prince! Keep swinging at junk out of the strike zone!

Actually that was in the strike zone. The first pitch to Prince was a strike that was called a ball the second that was a ball was called a strike so that fourth pitch was probably going to be called a strike also since it was a strike last inning also.

I actually had taken solace in the idea that if we got embarrassed all weekend some changes would come Monday. Now after Attanasio's comments I have basically lost all hope. I'm so negative right now I can't stand it. If we score more than 2 runs off Slowey I will be utterly shocked

Well, Slowey is already at 50 pitches through 3. Get him out of the game by the 6th and go to work on the bullpen. Seems as though Yo is settling down a bit.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Verified Member
Well, he was stupid enough to keep Dave Bush on the roster. Oh wait, that might be Melvin.
Yeah because only having 3 bad starts this whole year for Bush is a stupid reason for not having Bush on the roster. Other than Gallardo Bush has been the second best starter on the Brewers pitching staff. To put this in perspective Bush has only given up 3 or more runs twice this year. TWICE! So how is that again stupid to have Bush on the roster?

Well, the point was that the loss yesterday was because Bush was grimly awful. The one place I never hear perspective is the cult that adores Dave Bush. His WHIP is North of 1.7. He's started nine games so your "perspective" is a little lacking when you tout how many times he gives up 3 runs in 6 innings. Fifty-six hits and 24 walks with 24 strikes out is a recipe for failure. I remember when people here described him as a "number 2" pitcher.

Formerly AKA Pete

Not that I don't believe Mark, but even if Macha's job hinged on this weekend, Mark isn't going to say anything different in that interview about it.

At least now we know Mark hates watching the games as much as we do right now. There's that. :|

Attanasio said he would be meeting with Melvin and Ash to see what kind of improvements they can make with the team, but none of those will be managerial. He basically discussed understanding the frustration of fans because he himself has been frustrated, but we basically need to stay the course.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Archived