Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-22 Brewers (Gallardo) at Twins (Slowey), 3:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose, 8-7, 12 innings]

They can put Gamel on 60 DL on rehab assignment for 2 weeks to buy us time, and then activate him and option him to AAA. It would buy us two weeks to make a 40-man roster decision

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This umps strike zone is all over the place on gameday. Is it that bad live?

Edit: duh, found other msg's that confirmed my question...

@BrewCrewCritic on Twitter "Racing Sausages" - "Huh?"

*sigh* I understand, I just don't know why care about DFAing Cruz for example. What value does he have to the MLB team? If that move is inevitable, why not just take care of it right away?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Community Moderator

If that move is inevitable, why not just take care of it right away?

Because something could easily happen in the next two weeks to make it not-inevitable. If Inglett's ankle were to be broken or something along those lines. Why make a move on a player when you don't have to?

Basically all you guys want to do is extend Gamel's service time accumulation by forcing him to stay on the MLB DL longer. I don't want to pay for an extra day, he's already burned up too much service time hurt and and on the bench. Is 2-3 weeks going to matter? No not really, it's the principle of it.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Community Moderator

Basically all you guys want to do is extend Gamel's service time accumulation by forcing him to stay on the MLB DL longer. I don't want to pay for an extra day, he's already burned up too much service time hurt and and on the bench. Is 2-3 weeks going to matter? No not really, it's the principle of it.

He's currently playing at Class A Brevard, just started playing this week, and isn't doing well so far.... how much longer would a move to the 60-day actually delay his activation?

Dammit Parra, nibble your to 2 walks in the inning, at least make em earn it.

- Plato

- Plato

I would hope that it is Capuano tomorrow, but I think it might be Dave Bush.
I'd like to see Cappy too, but I think it will be Wolf on 3 days rest. Just throwing it out as a darkhorse, Amaury Rivas is already on the 40 man and it is his turn to go at Huntsville tomorrow. If it's just for one game he could come up, pull a Chris Saenz and then head back to Huntsville.

He's currently playing at Class A Brevard, just started playing this week, and isn't doing well so far.... how much longer would a move to the 60-day actually delay his activation?
His return to what? He's going to Nashville at some point regardless. Putting him on the 60 day DL retro to the first day of the season extends his MLB service time another 2 weeks. he could be off the DL next week. I'm not sure what we need Cruz for when they still have Heether, and if they need OF depth they can pull up Cain who's already on the 40 man.

Call me crazy but I'm pretty pissed that we've lost a year of Gamel's service time already so he could get a grand total of 24 starts.

- Plato

- Plato

Meanwhile, the game ends. I guess I'm glad the Brewers made it more of a game than it was looking as the 9th began.

A more successful first inning for Yo and, perhaps, none of this bonus baseball would have happened.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I should be happy that they battled back and finally showed some life but I just cant take moral victories at this point. I dont remember the last time I was this disappointed in a loss. Im really drained by all the losing and should probably stop watching for a few days but i know I wont.

Archived