Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-21 Brewers (Bush) at Twins (Blackburn), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose 15-3; Lucroy gets first MLB hit]

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is Blackburn really as average as he appears form MLB's pitch tracker?
11-11 in each of the last two seasons, with ERA's of 4.05 and 4.03, ERA+'s of 103 and 109. Pretty much exactly average.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

La Russa (aka my most hated in sports) would argue its his Baseball-Jesus Pujols right to watch it every time he hits it out of the infield. Watching it for too long, hot dogging it down to first, etc are all now part of the modern game. Stupid.....yeah maybe. Especially in a 15-0 game. But it happens all the time now and its almost the norm.

I hope to hell Gomez gets drilled next AB.

I can't stand his bat flips. Down 15 runs and he is watching the ball leave like he just walked off in the world series. Can't stand the guy.

Won't be first AB tomorrow, but may be safe to hit him by the second.

If Gomez weren't a Brewer we'd be all over him for those antics. That's Pujols/Soriano/A-Ram level ball watching. That said, whatever. He hit a home run so we won't get shut out.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

Is Blackburn really as average as he appears form MLB's pitch tracker?
11-11 in each of the last two seasons, with ERA's of 4.05 and 4.03, ERA+'s of 103 and 109. Pretty much exactly average.

Thanks, but I was wondering more about today in particular.

Verified Member
There is some heresy, saying that Kendall may have been anything other than the devil. His defense was definitely better than the Z man. I'd like to think that he wouldn't have called for a fastball to Votto with bases loaded and a full count, but who knows.
Formerly AKA Pete

Wow, I just realized this is the first time since April 7 that Coffey has been used for multiple innings. I realize the guy has struggled a bit in his limited work but with how much the bullpen has struggled I don't see why he isn't throwing 2 innings in the occasional tight game where Gallardo leaves after 5.1 with a 1-0 lead.

Just throwing this out--- do the Brewer pitchers really miss Jason Kendall? Maybe Kendall really knew about the pitchers and how to handle the pitchers and call the game.

Because Brewers pitchers were just fantastic with Kendall as catcher last year.

Community Moderator

Well that was a terrible game to go to! Beautiful night for a game and then boom, punched in the face in the first inning. Oh well, hopefully we can get going tomorrow.

Read the Star Trib today and Gomez apologized for his antics last night. He said he got really excited and didn't know he hit Mauer with his bat. When he came back to home Mauer was barking at him and so he made that gesture because he thought he was getting it for no reason. Ya he shouldn't have pimped it in a blowout but hey, the guys got fire and passion and I'm all for it.

Well, Gomez was showing something the team by and large has been lacking all season. I'm not a big advocate of showboating, especially under those circumstances; but it had to feel good to hit a homer in his first game back. It would be nice if the rest of the team could get fired up like that once in a while.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived