Brewer Fanatic

2010-05-21 Brewers (Bush) at Twins (Blackburn), 7:10 PM CDT [Brewers lose 15-3; Lucroy gets first MLB hit]

This would be a good time to get Lucroy some action as well, I would stick around to watch that at least.
I'm just hoping to see Suppan throw 200 pitches tonight. I wonder if the Twins will put up 20 if he sticks around...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Has it been discussed yet how many at-bats will be wasted by Brewer hitters tonight due to the early deficit? I am sure if Rickie was playing he would have struck out 4-5 times tonight.......As I type this, Corey Hart does his best I dont want to be here looking K......

Can I suggest we not have an In game thread for a game in hopes of changing the luck of the Brewers?

I seem to recall that it was very poorly received (i.e., torches, pitchforks) the last time something like that was attempted.

adamb100 - I would agree with you to try about anything at this point.
I just sacrificed a goat, cardinal, and a Jeff Suppan rookie card.
"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Lots of wasted at-bats. Swing early at garbage, dont swing at all, dont hustle. Brutal to watch as a fan........And now the TV guys are talking about the same thing. Talking about how it was not this way in the old days......kind of makes the guys look spoiled with their big contracts.

Just once, in a bad game like this, I would love to see the crew battle back and make the score respectable. But you know its not going to happen.

Nobody on the Brewers squad is going to care until they get a Manager that cares. Macha is boring and puts people to sleep. The players just don't care, just like the manager.

I know the players have below average talent, but they need someone to light a fire under their butts and Macha is not the guy. They play like they want the guy to get fired, but nobody does anything.

Verified Member
You realize that that could be completely wrong. Its pretty far-fetched that Bush and Suppan have pitched like crap and that Prince is scuffling because Macha doesn't light some fire. Seriously.
Formerly AKA Pete

Nobody on the Brewers squad is going to care until they get a Manager that cares. Macha is boring and puts people to sleep. The players just don't care, just like the manager.

I know the players have below average talent, but they need someone to light a fire under their butts and Macha is not the guy. They play like they want the guy to get fired, but nobody does anything.

If this is true at all, then pretty much all the players should be gotten rid of, too.

While I don't always agree with what Macha has done, this is not his fault. Maybe partially. But I put it more on Melvin and the players. If Macha is fired, I'm fine with that. If he isn't, that is fine to. I know we are not making the playoffs this season. That is why I hope they do the right thing and trade Prince and trade any other of the vets that they can and start getting built for 2011.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

I'm not a fan of Macha, but I really don't think a managerial change would make a difference. As Brewerfaner mentioned in a previous thread, "I don't want players that need a manager to motivate them to perform. They need to be shown the door if they need external motivation."

Re talent: I disagree. The Brewers offense is above average, and I believe the bullpen will end up being about average. It is the starting pitching that is killing the team.

"Fiers, Bill Hall and a lucky SSH winner will make up tomorrow's rotation." AZBrewCrew

Yes, they should be gotten rid of. Because they almost all SUCK. You have pitchers that can't even throw a strike. You have batters that don't know what is a strike. You have fielders that cant catch and throw.

I like someones idea of the just ship out everybody but Braun and Fielder and bring unp the AAA team, maybe they will care.

Archived